In this role, you have the opportunity to
Lead the continuous improvement process in our warehouse, distribution and postponement operations. As well, you will be responsible for delivering process engineering capabilities and supporting change notice implementation and validation activities.
You are responsible for
- Developing, implementing and trending process metrics to continuously monitor and improve distribution.
- Supporting and executing process validation protocols, while helping to generate reports with Postponement Project Manager
- Understanding and supporting training of the Lean tools and systems to the warehouse team including supervisors, team leads, and warehouse operators
- Supporting Practical Problem Solving by utilizing PDCA (Plan-Do-Check-Act) and 8 Step Problem Solving Methods and document using A3 template
- Identifying areas of improvements within warehouse, postponement processes and layouts, while supporting the development and updates of Value Stream Mapping for processes.
- Supporting investigation and implementation of countermeasures to any efficiency, quality, or safety concern utilizing 3C forms.
- Leading Kaizen events within the local distribution team, while helping to develop and support implementation of new Lean Tools into the warehouse (6S, Quick and Easy Kaizen, etc.)
- Flexible to work overtime and different shift hours as required to support the Warehouse Operational need.
You are a part of
The Sleep & Respiratory Care (SRC) business unit, which exists to restore natural sleep and breathing. Our success spans more than three decades and can be attributed to our passion for deeply understanding the needs of the patients we serve. We leverage these insights to develop intuitive and seamlessly connected solutions that improve quality of life and help people rediscover their dreams. You will report to the Senior Manager of Distribution.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering (required) with minimum of 1 year of experience in engineering with focus on supply chain and/or manufacturing
- Process improvement experience using methodologies such as LEAN or Six Sigma
- Project management or involvement in process improvement projects (required)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Self-starter with urgency, requiring minimum direction to make significant improvements
- Experience with MS Office products required
- Experience with SAP (preferred)
In return, we offer you
The opportunity to become engrossed in the supply chain operations within our Mount Pleasant distribution center. You drive local Lean and continuous improvement initiatives, which will improve customer satisfaction, reduce waste, increase efficiencies, decrease costs, reduce defects and eliminate variation in distribution.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It's a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum . Life at Philips is an opportunity for personal and professional growth. And a journey into the unexpected; our people often experience moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.
In addition to being purpose-driven, at Philips, we deeply believe in equality and that our people should be a reflection of the society and countries in which we operate. So we value our people in all aspects of diversity, whether generational, gender, experience, ethnicity, race, sexual orientation, ability, nationality, or other aspects. We believe that a flexible and inclusive culture invites a full spectrum of ideas, opinions, and experiences into the decision-making, and strive to create it wherever possible.
To find out more about what it's like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page , or you can discover helpful advice from our employee blog . You can also learn about our recruitment process or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions .
Philips is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, protected veteran or marital status.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it. In case of technical difficulties, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org .
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)
Meet Some of Philips's Employees
Software Engineer—Cambridge, MA
Ankita works with the Innovation Group to develop software which assists Philips customers, improving the day-to-day workflows of clinicians so that they can concentrate on their patients.
Back to top