Principal Supplier Quality Engineer
Principal Supplier Quality Engineer
In this role, you have the opportunity to
The Principal Supplier Quality Engineer (P-SQE) manages the quality performance of critical suppliers assigned within their respective regional hub across active products as well as New Product Introduction (NPI) with advanced quality improvement tools and Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP) methodology. P-SQE has full quality management responsibility for assigned supplier sites.
You are responsible for
- Manage Supplier Quality performance and reporting, Monthly Quality reports and Quarterly Supplier Reviews for assigned sites.
- Analyze technical & operational capabilities of assigned supplier sites on an on-going basis to prepare a comprehensive Master Supplier Capability Workbook that will by PE/CM teams for supplier selection.
- Participate in Supply Base and Commodity Strategy Development within the EMS Hub.
- Manage supplier conformance to PQA requirements.
- Manage strategic supplier development & improvement plans with the use of industry expertise, technical expertise, advanced statistical & lean tools.
- Verify supplier readiness to the appropriate level of maturity, from the quality management perspective, at each milestone in a product development process.
- Act as extended part of supplier team to ensure early supplier involvement/input into product requirements and design specifications, and supplier participation in Philips design reviews.
- Lead & implement a standardized way of working between supplier sites and different Philips Bus for NPI Engagement, Operational Improvements & APQP deployment.
- Approve technical & operational capability assessment during supplier selection wherein assigned sites are being considered for supplier transfers & NPI business awards.
- Proactively identify quality/technical issues at suppliers & drive resolution with the supplier with minimal support from BU resources.
- Fully responsible for improving internal yield & DPPM at supplier sites to provide leverage for transformation cost improvement year over year.
- Conduct line release activities for assigned supplier sites, leveraging the support of SQE assigned to related Philips businesses as needed.
- Escalation point for supplier wherein improvements are required for Philips design related issues
- Key partner for R&D in supplier designed projects, ensure that supplier fully owns their design scope and manages sub-tier supply chain independently without Philips oversight.
You are a part of
- Directly reports to Global Supplier Quality Director
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- Must have deep experience in the electronics contract manufacturing industry specifically in operations, manufacturing engineering & quality.
- Proven expertise in the use of advanced quality, statistical & lean tools.
- Strong project management skills preferred.
- Experience working in large scale EMS suppliers.
- Deep experience in understanding technical product requirements and translating it to manufacturability.
- Demonstrated experience in execution of the APQP process with suppliers, including the following methodologies/tools: D/PFMEA, Control Plans, FAI, Six Sigma/SPC, MSA, DOE, etc.
- Expertise / experience in problem solving with quality tools such as 6-sigma/ 8-D/ CAPA/ FMEA/ 5WHY etc.
- Proven ability to manage relationships at all org. levels.
- Demonstrated ability in working in a complex/global environment.
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent. Master's preferred.
- 10+ years' experience in the EMS industry with a focus on operations, manufacturing engineer & quality.
- Analytical and strategic thinking
- Results oriented
- Ability to lead teams and influence cross-functional relationships,
- Excellent presentation, communication and negotiation skills, across functions and organizational layers
This role is located in either Juarez or Aguascalientes, Mexico.
In return, we offer you
We offer experiences and opportunities that add many unexpected and enriching moments to our employees' lives. Especially when the innovative health technologies and solutions they help develop benefit their own friends and family.
Philips is an equal employment employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It's a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum . Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways. Learn more by watching this video .
To find out more about what it's like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog . Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process , or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions .
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it.
If you have any other questions regarding the recruitment process please refer to our FAQs . In case of technical difficulties with the website, please send an email to email@example.com .
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox . Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)
Back to top