Principal Reliability Engineer
Job TitlePrincipal Reliability Engineer
In this role, you have the opportunity to
As Principle Reliability Engineer, you will focus primarily on Design for Reliability for new product development for our next generation respiratory ventilation products. The secondary focus will be on respiratory ventilators models in current production.
You are responsible for
You will define the integral reliability, verification and validation architecture for a complex system and will manage reliability, test and verification & validation activities in the underlying major system-development projects throughout the product life-cycle. You will be working cross-functionally with Development, Manufacturing, Documentation Control, Regulatory Affairs, Quality and other teams to effectively provide the correct test protocols and results and provide appropriate feedback to Development so that the product will reach its reliability objective. You will be expected to keep abreast of technical developments in your own field through literature, technical contacts, and industry competition.
- Lead the development of Reliability/Test Plans for New Product Innovation and installed base products that documents tasks, methods, tools, tests, and analyses that are required for product success.
- Work with new product development teams to develop reliability requirements, establish a reliability/test program and perform appropriate analyses to ensure that new products meets all of the reliability targets.
- Create test procedures and define testing environments based on analysis of specifications and reliability, conduct testing, acquire data and analyze reliability problems and determine the measures needed to meet the reliability and compliance goals for the product.
- Drive the Design for Reliability initiatives by generating Reliability plans, requirements, metrics, usage models, DFMEA, derating analyses, Factor of Safety (FOS) analyses, reliability allocation and Prediction models etc.
- Plan and conduct reliability testing on new and existing products including tooling and test set-ups. Highly Accelerated Life Testing and Highly Accelerated Stress Testing to identify product failure modes. Validate and track product requirements through development
- Prepare diagrams, charts, drawings, calculations, and reports for defining reliability problems. Provide technical feedback to enhance the on-going quality of products and services
- Instituting necessary supplier reliability requirements and assessment process
- Developing new processes, methods, and models to enhance Reliability within the Design and Process functions
- Performing statistical data analysis, regression modeling, Weibull Analysis, hazard analysis, reliability target setting, warranty trend analysis and spending forecast for new and existing products.
- Managing and conducting training and workshops on quality and reliability engineering, robustness, and statistics as necessary within product engineering
- Preparing schedules and work estimates for reliability related project assignments and activities as a key member of project teams
- Determine the cost advantages of alternatives for developing action plans to comply with internal/external customer demands for reliable processes/equipment to avoid failures.
- Develop reliability growth plans for the different respiratory ventilator platforms and oversee their implementation.
You are a part of
The Philips Hospital Respiratory Care business has three locations in the United States. Our products include invasive and noninvasive hospital ventilators, patient interfaces, sensors, and monitoring equipment. We believe that by understanding our customers' problems we can ease the discomfort of ventilation by providing innovative solutions to improve the patient-ventilator experience, permit speech, and speed liberation. These technological breakthroughs allow the clinician to concentrate more on the patient and less on the device.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- Leadership - The ability to make things happen by encouraging and channeling the contributions of others; recognizing and addressing important issues in a timely manner, and acting as an agent for change and continual improvement when required to achieve results.
- Teaming - Leveraging available resources and capabilities to execute and achieve defined goals.
- Influence -The demonstrated ability to gain acceptance and commitment from other to one's own beliefs and ideas.
- Negotiating - The ability to construct and maintain a strong bargaining position so as to insure positive response and agreement: striving for win-win situations.
- BS in Engineering field required (Master's degree preferred)
- Bachelor's Degree and 15+ years work experience or equivalent experience
- 10+ years demonstrated progressive engineering experience in a new product development environment
- 5+ years of experience developing reliability of complex software driven electro-mechanical devices in a regulated industry environment – FDA / Medical Device preferred; Military/Aerospace considered.
Qualified candidates will have several of the following:
- Experience conducting analysis and reliability growth software tools, experience/awareness
- Experience with statistical tools
- Proven failure reporting, analysis and corrective action
- Proven reliability modeling including Fault Tree Analysis and Failure Modes and Effects Analysis
- Familiarity reliability methods through proven planning, growth plotting, testing and growth tracking experience
- Familiarity with software reliability concepts and techniques experience
- Familiarity with Design For Reliability concepts and techniques experience
- Familiarity with Reliability Demonstration Testing.
In return, we offer you
Philips is one of the world's leading healthcare technology companies. We are committed to understanding the technological and human needs of patients and caregivers and to delivering solutions that enable more confident diagnoses, more efficient delivery of care, and more positive user experiences. People focused. Healthcare simplified.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It's a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.
To find out more about what it's like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.
Philips is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, protected veteran or marital status.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it. In case of technical difficulties, please send an email to [email protected]
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)
Meet Some of Philips's Employees
Jose engineers the specific system level requirements for the Philips Sonicare oral healthcare products. He makes certain the detailed design of each device over-delivers on customer expectations every time.
Back to top