Principal Platform Architect
Job TitlePrincipal Platform Architect
Principal Platform Architect (R&D and IT) for Connected Care
Philips Home Monitoring
The Principal Platform Architect for Connected Care, is a senior-level Director who will lead the architectural strategy within the R&D and IT organization. He/she will have an impact on our current business applications/systems (legacy) transformation and lead the vision and strategy in building our future care management applications/platform which will support Philips Home Monitoring and other business units within the Population Health Management BG. Philips Home Monitoring (HM) is well positioned to develop a suite of solutions and platforms that will enable seniors to age well at home through the "Connected Home for Connected HealthCare" strategy. We are developing an integrated suite of services, devices, caregiver applications (mobile apps and portals) and call centers that will allow the management and delivery of care to the senior in the home. We will focus on private pay subscribers, government and health care organizations that either by choice or legislation will incur the risk and cost in managing and gaining population in the home. The Care Management platform will be achieved by leveraging and evolving our existing competencies, supporting:
- Personal Emergency Response Service (PERS), Med Management, Cognitive Assessment Services, and associated Data Analytics (CareSage)
- Long term chronic disease management
- Tier one case management, triage and assessment capabilities
- Warm transfer to accountable organizations (ACO) via call center platform
- Warm transfer to clinicians via call center and care management platform
- Coaching and education
- Check in calls
- Intervention content for clinical pathways for decision support
Your Role as Principal Platform Architect for Connected Care
- Translate and transform business application demands into IT strategy and domain specific operational requirements, by developing and communicating policies that guide the development of business or generic solutions in the field of information provisioning and/or IT infrastructure and platforms.
- Identify the impact of the systems and platform architecture on the assigned domain by identifying commonalities and conflicting issues in management and operations of the information systems and the supported processes.
- Develop and deploy an architecture and platform framework by developing principles, guidelines, standards and policies that serve as direction in choosing technology solutions for global programs or specific projects and keep the consistency of the different architecture solutions.
- Develop specific architecture and solutions, plan the deployment, define guidelines for implementation and governance and keep the architecture up-to-date, within the assigned domain and specialization.
- Contribute to the governance of the business architecture through participation in solution shaping of new concepts, program & project development, release and change management.
- Ensure that the organization is continually aware of new IT functionality and vendor-supported solutions.
- Business Systems (Legacy) Application Owner and Lifecycle Management
- Excellent knowledge at MSc level on a complete IT domain and related business processes through many years of experience in a wide variety of IT programs,
- Knowledge of processes as well as knowledge of the newest IT technology related to the assigned IT areas.
- Experience with highly redundant (mission critical), real-time response center (call center) architectures, such as Alarm Systems, PERS, etc.
- Proven ability to support multiple projects, integrating architecture aspects of demand, IT specification, implementation and maintenance and driving alignment and re-use of solutions and tools.
- Proven track record of successful integration at program management levels, including internal and/or external users and suppliers.
- Experience implementing a roadmap for transitioning to hybrid and cloud architectures; Experience implementing modern approaches to authentication and authorization including federation and claims based authorizations.
- Comprehensive knowledge of enterprise architecture frameworks with a focus on the technology domain. Hands-on experience applying technology architecture within the context of a holistic enterprise architecture framework.
- Experience designing application, scalable, cost-effective server and cloud architectures including the development, interpretation and application of policies and procedures related to technology architecture and integration. Experience implementing an integrated privacy, identity and access management framework. Comprehensive knowledge of IT application development and software engineering methodologies and tools; of security concepts and security development lifecycle; of concepts and design of multiple system integration technologies.
- Ability to produce relevant solution design artifacts including but not limited to: requirements, use cases, test cases, sequence diagrams, data models and conceptual, logical and physical system designs.
- Bachelors and/or Master's degree in a technical discipline, preferably in computer science, information systems, or Engineering disciplines.
- 10+ years of hands-on applications/platform development and systems architecture experience.
Qualifications and Skills
- Proven track record of balancing multiple priorities simultaneously and negotiating work flow, while meeting deadlines
- Excellent problem solving skills with cross-functional teams
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing with internal and external customers.
- Exposure to Agile, SAFe and LEAN methodologies
Corporate Grade: CG80 Director Level Leader
Reporting: The position reports to Head of Technology and Innovation
Location: Philips Home Monitoring, 111 Lawrence Street, Framingham, MA 01702
At Philips, we are driven by our mission to improve the lives of 3 billion people per year by 2025, and every day we move closer to achieving our goal by creating cutting-edge solutions that lead to confident diagnosis, improved care, and increased quality of life for patients. Named one of the Top 50 Happiest Companies in America in 2013, we enable our employees to create a legacy in life through their work and support their development through people-centric learning, total rewards and personalized development planning programs. Our business provides unique opportunities to develop cutting edge enterprise software solutions and deliver meaningful solutions in the healthcare space and this new position is a unique opportunity to shape the next generation solutions we are developing.
Philips is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, protected veteran or marital status.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
In case of difficulties with your job application please send an email to [email protected]
Meet Some of Philips's Employees
Sr. Digital Marketing Manager
Grant markets the sophisticated Philips Sonicare oral healthcare products. He helps customers find the best oral hygiene routine and creates meaningful consumer experiences, from launch to purchase.
Back to top