Principal Clinical Scientist
Principal Clinical Scientist
In this role, you have the opportunity to:
Philips is looking for a Clinical Lead to direct the activities of our Clinical Innovation incubator. You will work in a dynamic, agile, high impact environment to design, implement, deploy and clinically evaluate solutions that are ultimately responsible for saving lives and improving patient outcomes.
We are expanding our efforts in cloud-based analytics for healthcare diagnostic and therapeutic decision support. We have created an entrepreneurial innovations incubator to create and grow new technology arenas and business models. Our interests encompass predictive modeling, simulation, and outcomes management in whole new healthcare arenas. Collaborative relationships are maintained with universities, scientific institutions, academic organizations and governmental resources. You will be tasked with translating innovative technologies into compelling business propositions and build new product-service combination business model concepts to drive healthcare innovation!
You are responsible for:
- To consult in the design and development of clinical innovations, including prioritization of content to drive customer preference for our solutions, as well as facilitate adoption of the innovations to clinical practice.
- To ensure the development and deployment clinical solutions from our strategic innovation incubator are in line with global clinical, and GCP practices.
- Serve as a subject matter expert regarding care process, patient, customer, and clinical research needs to teams and businesses.
- Be responsible for ensuring compliance with relevant internal policies, procedures, and standards.
- Assist the team in site identification, site screening, recruiting investigators, and establishing contracts.
- Establish clinical study and investigation plans to deliver critical metric and outcomes per project need.
- With others, drive all aspects of study execution including drafting study design, protocol implementation, deployment, staff training, site monitoring, data collection, reporting, contracting, financing, and study registration.
- Assure that innovation research activities are in full compliance with applicable FDA and ICH regulations, HIPAA, GCP guidelines, businesses SOP and Philips Quality System.
- Develop / maintain relationships with sites and other professionals on issues related to the research programs, and stay abreast of relevant medical literature.
- Consult and guide the teams in requirements for clinical workflow, clinical transformation, decision support, and health risk assessment for innovations and released solutions as assigned.
- Guides project/team leaders and management through patient and customer care episode journeys to highlight clinically based value creation and health economics opportunities.
- Provides business management support for M&A opportunity clinical assessments and competitive landscapes.
- Assist in the development of manuscripts, abstracts, book chapters, posters and in-house publications in cooperation with clinical investigators
- Keeps up-to-date with clinical and technical basics as well as new and emerging technologies.
You are a part of:
The Clinical Innovation Core Team's mission is to work with leadership to create the vision for the future of Healthcare. We do this through an in-depth understanding of the challenges clinicians face and where changes in healthcare and technology impact their ability to deliver high quality patient care. The combination of our own original thinking, with critical input from patients and providers, serves as the foundation to create innovations that really matter. We specialize in developing clinical informatics and patient care solutions that simplify clinician workflow, improve financial outcomes, and help improve and save lives. Our products and services deliver world-class healthcare solutions.
This role reports to the Senior Director of Clinical Science and Research for Monitoring & Analytics and Therapeutic Care. Other critical linkages are to the VP's with the Business Group Innovations Team, Chief Medical Office, Chief Technology Office as well as Fellow Scientists and other Senior Scientific Experts and Business Innovation Unit Marketing Teams within the business groups of Monitoring & Analytics and Therapeutic Care.
To succeed, you should have the following skills and experience:
- Clinical degree in critical care domain with PhD/ MD preferred. RRT, RN, Paramedic will be considered.
- 5+ years in managing clinical care in Healthcare Institution.
- 5+ years research, clinical studies monitor, or other related industry experience
- Healthcare experience in Device, Diagnostic or Health IT, healthcare/med-tech solutions businesses or related software analytics businesses
- Subject matter expert in acute care areas, (adult, pediatric and neonatal) with deep knowledge in evidence based care process, clinical standards, workflows, and practices.
- Working knowledge of clinical decision support systems development, including care process workflow, education, informatics, and systems integrations.
- Experience in participating to complex projects to meet demanding feature, cost, quality and introduction date targets
- Working regulatory knowledge (FDA/21CFR812; EN540/GCP; ISO14971)
- Ability to work in an international environment, and to adapt to different cultures.
- Support teams in clinical testing planning/execution, protocol development, investigator selection, training of internal and external personnel, study monitoring, and quality control.
- Support to site and cross-functional teams for review of product complaints, medical device related adverse event reporting, health risk, privacy and security assessments.
- Writing/editing of clinical reports to insure accuracy for business and regulatory submission.
- Firm understanding of data acquisition and bio-statistical concepts, statistical study design, outcomes and KPIs study design
- In depth knowledge of project management techniques, existing products and system behaviors, as well as Philips New Product Development Lifecycle is useful
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written)
- Experience in writing scientific reports and grants is useful
- Willingness to travel (up to 40%)
In return, we offer you:
Every day we move closer to achieving our goal by creating cutting-edge solutions that lead to confident diagnosis, improved care, and increased quality of life for patients. Thanks to our employees who share our passion for improving lives, we are at the forefront of the Healthcare industry leading in image guided interventions, ultrasound, patient monitoring, cardiology informatics, sleep therapy and respiratory care. We enable our employees to create a legacy in life through their work and support their development through people-centric learning, total rewards and personalized development planning programs.
Why should you join Philips?
Are you passionate about having a career that will improve healthcare? Working at Philips is more than a job. It's a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum . Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.
To find out more about what it's like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog . Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process , or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions .
Philips is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, protected veteran or marital status.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it. In case of technical difficulties, please send an email to email@example.com .
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)
Meet Some of Philips's Employees
Software Engineer—Cambridge, MA
Ankita works with the Innovation Group to develop software which assists Philips customers, improving the day-to-day workflows of clinicians so that they can concentrate on their patients.
Back to top