In this role, you have the opportunity to
Be a part of Innovation Solution Hub's core team, part of a global incubator that will serve the needs of target customer segments across North America. New business creation and development is vital for the success of Philips on its mission to become a leading integrated solutions provider across the health continuum, using new digital technologies and innovative business models.
- This team will have the responsibility to engage and unlock the needed competencies and resources from the Innovations Hubs. It will quickly capture the appropriate resources to further develop and mature these opportunities to enable decision-making on what is needed to bring the innovations to the Market. It will then also further help resource the projects, and if needed coach on using the Creation/Development (NBX) processes, set up the appropriate governance, and support them all the way up to the launch of the Solution.
- Collaborate with a diverse set of partners in businesses, markets, and Innovation and Strategy. This will include innovation leaders, solution teams, Philips HealthWorks, Digital Platform Teams, as well as the other Innovation Hubs.
You are responsible for
Contributing to the business strategy and tactics (portfolio management & road-mapping) by identifying technology, standards and architecture opportunities
- Identify relevant developments in markets, competition, technology and application domains
- Identify and define strategic standards, both external (e.g. industry standards) and internal (e.g. proprietary standards) and Control Points
- Identify architecture and platform opportunities (e.g. required updates, phase outs or new options coming up)
Translating vision and business strategy into an accepted (set of) reference architectures within the full value chain context
- Define the scope and strategic requirements for the reference architecture (including quality & reliability and the business relevant key "-illities"), to be agreed with the business partners
- Define the strategic decomposition and interfaces (variation points, decoupling), guiding: how products in product line(s) are derived from the reference architecture, which platforms to be demonstrated, strategic trade-offs to be made, options to be anticipated, ways to handle critical uncertainties, etc. to ensure an optimum solution.
- Identify strategic Control Points and define their realization in the reference architecture (e.g. IP, trade secrets, standards, exclusive use agreements, independencies, best-in-class access to technologies, channels, suppliers or capabilities)
- Drive commonalities, alliances and investments for the full architectural scope
- Define strategic technologies and strategic partnerships (strategic make or buy)
Initiating, leading and supervising the realization of the reference architecture through platform- and product development
- Define and consolidate an accepted set of architecture & platform roadmaps for future business
- Define the life-cycle of architectures, technologies and products/platforms
- Initiate Research and Advanced Development programs (mid/long term) related to the architecture (SAFe- Agile environment)
- Participate and develop the strategic Architectural runway
- Drive Architectural initiatives in the Innovation Portfolio
- Influence common modeling, design and coding practices
- Support Budgeting for Enabler Programs
You are a part of
The Philips Innovation & Strategy group Board that reports into the Philips Research North America Organization. The Philips North America Research organization is based at our Innovation Campus in Cambridge Massachusetts. The Philips Research organization includes 1300 scientists collaborating with over 300 universities and clinical partners globally.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- 15+ years of medical device R&D experience, including on-premise, cloud, and hybrid solutions
- Relevant engineering degree, equivalent experience
- Understanding of existing products and applications to deliver compelling value-based solution offerings which are relevant and significant to customers in target Markets, including based on partnering with third parties and other Businesses
- Developing a reusable architecture and tailorable platform where appropriate to tackle similar customer problems in a cost-effective manner
- Ensuring the highest level of Q&R compliance in all business processes and solutions
- Ensure all appropriate business controls and regulatory processes throughout the business in conformance with Philips corporate policies and federal regulations
- Excellent technical understanding of informatics infrastructure / solutions in hospitals and their IT strategy
- Proven track record with the successful commercialization of informatics solutions within a regulated medical industry environment.
- Real passion for, and knowledge of quality and regulatory requirements and how to assure compliance across the entire product/solutions lifecycle. Experience with FDA, PMA and other medical device regulatory requirements
- Affinity with product roadmaps, ability to understand and work with Informatics solutions technical product; experience in engineering and R&D environments; confirmed leadership in product development cycles, open innovation results, delivering to customer needs
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It's a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum . Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.
To find out more about what it's like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog . Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process , or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions .
Philips is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, protected veteran or marital status.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it. In case of technical difficulties, please send an email to email@example.com .
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)
Back to top