Practice Leader -Software Center of Excellence
Job TitlePractice Leader -Software Center of Excellence
In this role you have opportunity to
Use your existing status as one of the top 10% of transformational software craftsmanship talent globally to bring the best of code quality to products and solutions that make a real difference to people's lives. You will enable delivery of sustainably high rates of innovation, value and quality to our customers. Your influence will be both local and global with travel to many exciting locations and you will work with a diverse range of cutting edge products and technology stacks.
You are responsible for
- Supporting multiple businesses with continuous improvement of code quality (hands-on, transformational and strategic)
- Aligning practices across businesses – choosing carefully where alignment adds value and where diversity adds value
- Advocacy and teaching of code quality theory and practice in a DevOps collaborative context
- Assessment and metrics of code quality
- Building the reputation of Philips as a world class digital company with world class software craftsmanship
You are a part of
An enthusiastic and passionate global software center of excellence dedicated to supporting the whole company in continuous assessment and improvement of software development. The center of excellence will be influencing 5000+ developers across hundreds of products so we have a real opportunity to make a difference!
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- Your code quality talents are valued more than your academic background or time served. Be prepared to audition your talents and to show us the work and achievements that you are really proud of.
- Significant success in code quality in multiple companies and/or product lines
- Working knowledge of a wide variety of tools and technologies involved in software craftsmanship
- Working knowledge of architectural and design patterns
- Working knowledge of at least three programming languages (prefs: C#, C++, Java, JS/HTML/CSS and one or more common scripting languages)
- Positive, enthusiastic and persuasive personality
- Fluent spoken and written English
- Example tools & technologies include: Jenkins, TFS, JIRA, svn, Git, TFVC, BitBucket, TICS, SonarQube, Coverity, Fortify plus a range of common testing, mocking and IoC Container technologies
- Experiences with embedded systems and IoT are advantageous
In this role we offer you
Still reading? You already know.
I'm interested, what should I do now? Submit your profile and a sample code quality success story and we will be in touch.
Working at Philips is more than a job. It's a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.
To find out more about what it's like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.
Find out more info about Philips at www.philips.com/na/careers
Ready to start improving lives by putting your personal skills & passions to work?
Philips is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, protected veteran or marital status.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it. In case of technical difficulties, please send an email to [email protected]
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)
Meet Some of Philips's Employees
Jose engineers the specific system level requirements for the Philips Sonicare oral healthcare products. He makes certain the detailed design of each device over-delivers on customer expectations every time.
Back to top