Plastics Engineer, Procurement
Plastics Engineer, Procurement
In this role, you have the opportunity to
Provide AOP savings through cost down projects and new product introduction projects. You will coordinate all Procurement activities in the various businesses within Philips, own cost reduction workshop activities and ensure alignment with all other functional disciplines, with respect to implementation.
You are responsible for
- Executing cost down and new product introduction projects.
- Driving concept savings in new product development, in close cooperation with R&D, Marketing, Quality, SCM and development.
- Represent Procurement with respect to development and ensure early supplier involvement, by driving request for quotation process based on business needs.
- Supporting the in/outsourcing process (e.g. knowledge transfer, supplier ramp-up).
- Providing input to the Commodity teams regarding the supply base characteristics, based on business requirements.
- Ordering tools and samples related to new product development.
- Identifying opportunities in the new product design process, through target costing, managing cost drivers and data sources, to improve the design decision making.
- Supporting the deployment of early supplier involvement through target costing and tracking for assigned product.
You are a part of
The Sleep & Respiratory Care (SRC) business unit, which exists to restore natural sleep and breathing. Our success spans more than three decades and can be attributed to our passion for deeply understanding the needs of the patients we serve. We leverage these insights to develop intuitive and seamlessly connected solutions that improve quality of life and help people rediscover their dreams.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- BS or comparable diploma in Plastics, Mechanical or Industrial Engineering or equivalent experience within Plastics
- 5+ years of experience in a high volume assembly industry in supply chain related functions
- 3 + years leading/driving projects successfully
- Experience in new product development (NPD) or closely supporting NPD teams in a procurement role
- Manufacturing process expertise in plastics or injection molding (required)
- Experience with material qualification and proven results in driving quality improvement
In return, we offer you
The opportunity to join our Procurement Engineering team, where you will use your Project Management skills to prioritize and drive projects and New Product Development activities to completion. You will support ongoing projects to free capacity, create more capacity or identify other sources for the Procurement Group.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It's a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum . Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.
To find out more about what it's like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog . Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process , or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions .
Philips is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, protected veteran or marital status.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it. In case of technical difficulties, please send an email to email@example.com .
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)
Meet Some of Philips's Employees
Software Engineer—Cambridge, MA
Ankita works with the Innovation Group to develop software which assists Philips customers, improving the day-to-day workflows of clinicians so that they can concentrate on their patients.
Back to top