PCB layout engineer
Job TitlePCB layout engineer
Philips challenges you to use your engineering expertise to model, design and implement some of the world’s most innovative medical products.
You will be playing an instrumental role in further shaping Printed Circuit Board (PCB) and PCB-Assembly (PCBA) technology within Philips and strengthen its value proposition in all its aspects within Philips globally.
As a PCB Layout Engineer you will use your technical knowledge of both electronic design engineering and PCB layout technology along with proactive design and problem solving capabilities to connect to the engineering teams at various Philips innovation centers.
- Create schematics, PCB layouts and TPD of electronic designs by using Mentor EE and Altium Designer
- Responsible for data integrity of schematic diagram and board layout files.
- Close co-operation with circuit designer and mechanical designer regarding electrical design and physical constraints.
- Maintains good communication and alignment with design engineers and customers as needed.
- Follow development procedures, design guidelines and standards to ensure quality and predictability.
- Implementation of signal/power-integrity, EMC compliancy requirements, safety compliancy requirements and generic and/or specific industry requirements
Philips Innovation Services is a corporate group within Philips HealthTech, consisting of approximately 1000 passionate professionals in the field of Consulting, Engineering and other innovation services.
Your group Electronic Design Services (EDS) is a part of Reliability Solutions and consists of a team of about 25 highly skilled technical professionals in the field of Electronic Design and Electromagnetic Compatibility. This EDS group plays an instrumental role in establishing and leading a Philips business-wide Component Management Platform and an engineering design environment for PCB design. In the field of the electromagnetic competency the EDS group offers consultancy and “design for” services on Electromagnetic Compatibility.
Your customers are internal Philips businesses which are located all over the world. You report directly to the EDS Group Leader.
As a PCB Layout Engineer we welcome you to a challenging, innovative environment with great opportunities for you to explore. Our benefits are very competitive and designed around your preferences:
- An inspiring work environment that is international and multidisciplinary oriented, with a variety of customers and projects.
- Stimulating challenges across a wide range of application domains, from developing state-of-the-art medical devices, to pioneering the latest connected health systems, giving you the opportunity to expand your professional experience and exploit your talents to the full.
- The opportunity to improve and create reliable products all over the world for a global leading-brand company that is dedicated to improving people’s lives.
- Depending on experience, a year salary (fulltime) between €42000,-and €54000 (including personal benefits package)
- 25 Days of leave and the possibility to purchase up to 20 extra days off annually
- A variable bonus based on both Philips results and personal performance
- Extensive set of tools to drive your career, such as a personal development budget, free training and coaching
- Solid company pension scheme and attractive collective health insurance package
- Opportunity to buy Philips shares and products with discount
- Healthy work-life balance
We are looking for
- MBO+/Bachelor degree in relevant area of expertise; Discipline like Physics, Electrical Engineering, etc.
- Experienced in PCB design tools such as Mentor EE and Altium Designer;
- Experienced in Signal Integrity;
- Experienced in design reviews;
- You are a strong team player with good communication skills.
- Fluent in English, verbal and written, in addition to the local language.
- Willing to travel occasionally.
If you recognize yourself in this profile and want to be part of Electronic Design Services in a global innovative environment, please upload your resume and motivation letter.
Please note that the closing date of this vacancy is January 15th 2017.
For further information please contact [email protected]
After a pre-selection process based on your resume you will be invited for face-to-face recruitment and/or business interviews. The interviews will take place in Eindhoven, the Netherlands.
In case of difficulties with your job application please send an email to [email protected]
Meet Some of Philips's Employees
Jose engineers the specific system level requirements for the Philips Sonicare oral healthcare products. He makes certain the detailed design of each device over-delivers on customer expectations every time.
Back to top