This role, you have the opportunity to:
Effectively managing Philips internal reporting tools; researching and resolving system issues, developing and implementing needed modifications, ensuring system data integrity and analyzing payroll results to ensure accurate and timely processing of payroll. As well, this position will back up the Payroll Administrator in the processing of periodic payroll runs, play a lead role in merger and acquisition work and support the Senior payroll manager in administration functions.
You are responsible for
- Ensure the proper execution of all Philips retained payroll processes. This will include the portions of payroll processes that are retained in house.
- Back up Payroll Administrator in the processing of scheduled payrolls and ensuring deadlines are met. Assist in testing regulatory tax updates in the payroll system.
- Process and monitor inbound/outbound interfaces.
- Generate G/L files and assist Finance colleagues with questions related to the output as needed
- Work with other Analysts to architect new process design and program technical solutions that increase data quality and facilitate automation of manual processes.
- Ownership and accountability for the design & execution of custom reports at function's request.
- Function as Subject Matter Expert (SME) regarding all aspects of personnel master data maintenance and payroll processing. Work with and monitor various interfaces related to payroll processing.
- Understand, monitor and track issues associated with downstream applications such as PDS and Sail point.
- Provide Contact Center, mail, and email support as needed with regard to employee inquiries on a variety of related matters. Use call management system to log and track payroll issues.
- Assist the payroll manager in training and developing of the organization staff on the functionality of our systems, business processes and federal and state regulations relating to payroll, labor and employment tax laws. Work with members of the payroll team in supporting administration functions as required.
- Responsible for building and maintaining a positive and effective relationship with all associated outside vendors. This includes collaborating on system performance and configuration issues; providing feedback and data for operations review meetings to ensure that issues are addressed in a timely manner; as well as, acting as a liaison between the businesses and vendors for existing or new business requirements.
- Responsible for testing and evaluating new system configuration and identifying software and service issues.
- Lead Administration and Payroll related activities on a variety of cross-disciplinary teams.
- Identify best practices within processes and procedures utilizing lean principles.
- Identify systemic issues, perform root-cause analysis and create solutions.
You are a part of
This position will be a part of our Global Business Services group responsible for leading operational execution, reducing complexity and increasing efficiencies as the in-house team that continuously improves performance to better support our customers. We are looking to build a new team in Nashville of passionate, inspirational, collaborative and diverse professionals that is powering excellence around the world for Philips to achieve our mission to improve the lives of 3B people a year by 2025.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- 5+ years of experience in payroll.
- Ability to adapt to frequent changes that can occur with vendor relationships, system updates, policies, etc.
- Resourcefulness in performing root-cause analysis, identifying systemic issues and implementing solutions.
- Ability to understand and apply federal and state regulations relating to payroll, labor and employment tax laws.
- Intermediate knowledge of office applications (MS Excel; MS Word; MS PowerPoint; MS Outlook).
- Experience working in a team-oriented environment.
- Experience with ADP Global View or SAP HRIS is preferred.
In return, we offer you
• A career with a world-class brand committed to improving people's lives through innovation
• Global multi-functional opportunities to advance your career
• Certification and training towards best in class skill development and specialization
• Strong leadership and mentorship from a group of seasoned professionals
• The chance to be a part of a new group that is powering excellence at Philips
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It's a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum . Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.
To find out more about what it's like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog . Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process , or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions .
Philips is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, protected veteran or marital status.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it. In case of technical difficulties, please send an email to email@example.com .
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)
Meet Some of Philips's Employees
Software Engineer—Cambridge, MA
Ankita works with the Innovation Group to develop software which assists Philips customers, improving the day-to-day workflows of clinicians so that they can concentrate on their patients.
Back to top