NPI Project Lead ( product commercialization)
- Bothell, WA
NPI Project Lead ( product commercialization)
Welcome you to join Philips Oral Healthcare as in the NPI Project Leader (Design Transfer) position in Bothell, WA
The NPI Project Lead represents Philips Oral Healthcare on the launch of new products and components, travelling up to 25% of the time.
- You will take a leadership role inside Philips and with our suppliers regarding production launch and the quality and supply of part for the launch.
- Responsible for and will be empowered to make quality decisions on behalf of Philips Oral Healthcare and authorize legal documents such as Quality Agreement and Part Submission Warrant.
Initial Product Launch
- Drives manufacturability into new product designs through early supplier involvement
- Defines production capacity requirements
- Ensures DFMEA is transferred to supplier
- Plan, Coordinate and execute production release trails
- Ensures materials are available for trial runs
- Ensures product documentation set is communicated to supplier
- Ensure supplier understands product specifications and requirements
- Drives the development of manufacturing flow diagram
- Drive PFMES process for manufacturing process
- Ensure MSA is completed for all gauges, jigs, fixtures and test equipment.
- Ensure production release trail quantity meets confidence requirements
- Ensure initial production rate is equal to or greater than plan
- Verify initial process capability is achieved
- Ensures qualification evidence is available and embedded in the release order.
- Leads teams in resolving production, field and returns quality issues.
- Forms cross-functional teams to perform root cause analysis, corrective action plans and implementation of corrective action
- Leads teams to implement product changes/improvements
- Responsible for assessing cost and production impacts for LCM changes
- Drives improvements and cost savings activities with 1st tier suppliers.
- Manages end-of-life activities including finished goods production ramp down and component obsolescence
- Monitors production capacity vs. forecast requirements
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- BS or MS degree in Mechanical Engineering
- 5+ years on the job in integral program cross functional program management, design and product development of mass manufactured products in a professional organization, ideally in the Medical Device industry
- Experience in design transfer , ideally in Medical Device industry.
- Experience with high volume manufacturing supply chain and logistics processes
- Active knowledge of manufacturing quality management tools and processes, such as APQP
- Exceptional communication skills for managing remote teams of many nationalities
- Strong project management skills, including team building, development of and managing to a schedule, demonstrated ability to address problems proactively
- Strong time management skills to prioritize and manage many concurrent projects to ensure all meet required timelines
- Microsoft Office applications, including PowerPoint and Project
- Experience with FDA-regulated medical device manufacturing helpful
You will lead and be part of one or more multidisciplinary team(s) (CMM, regulatory/approbations engineer, project leads, product designers, procurement, SQE, packaging project managers, global supply centers etc.) to create and execute project plans to ensure global supply chain driving to produce newly created products.
At Philips, we are driven by our mission to improve the lives of 3 billion people per year by 2025, and every day we move closer to achieving our goal by creating cutting-edge solutions that lead to confident diagnosis, improved care, and increased quality of life for patients.
Thanks to our employees who share our passion for improving lives, we are at the forefront of the Healthcare industry leading in image guided interventions, ultrasound, patient monitoring, cardiology informatics, sleep therapy and respiratory care. Named one of the Top 50 Happiest Companies in America in 2013, we enable our employees to create a legacy in life through their work and support their development through people-centric learning, total rewards and personalized development planning programs.
Advance your career in an environment that supports work-life balance, health & well-being and continuous learning. Making a difference begins right here, where you come first.
Ready to start improving lives by putting your personal skills & passions to work?
In return, we offer you
Opportunity to take a leadership role inside Philips and with our suppliers regarding production launch and the quality and supply of part for the launch. The NPI is responsible for and will be empowered to make quality decisions on behalf of Philips Oral Healthcare
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It's a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum . Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.
To find out more about what it's like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog . Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process , or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions .
It is the policy of Philips to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, gender, pregnancy/childbirth, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability or perceived disability, genetic information, citizenship, veteran or military status or a person's relationship or association with a protected veteran, including spouses and other family members, marital or domestic partner status, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
Equal Employment and Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veteran
US work authorization is a precondition of employment. The company will not consider candidates who require sponsorship for a work-authorized visa.
Company relocation benefits will not be provided for this position. Candidates need to live within the United States currently.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it.
If you have any other questions regarding the recruitment process please refer to our FAQs . In case of technical difficulties with the website, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org .
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox . Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)
Back to top