NPI Program Manager
Job TitleNPI Program Manager
This position provides product line ownership for existing products within POHC. As a product line owner, this position is the primary interface between innovation and category marketing teams and production and distribution centers. The NPI engineer also serves as the primary operations/manufacturing representative for Life Cycle Management LCM and Integrated Product Development IPD activities.
Further, as Program Manager this position is responsible for technical project content leadership, resource needs identification.
As lead for continues improvement activities, this position is driving identification of process and competence gaps and working with Philips OHC process improvement teams on implementation of LEAN and other initiatives in NPI team.
Product Line Ownership (LCM)
- Manage capacity versus forecast for suppliers and production
- Actively supports manufacturing concepts and execution at product sites
- Monitor call rate and returns
- Monitor first pass yield and line quality ISC
- Develop capital improvement financial justifications
- Manage all end of life activities for existing products including production and purchased parts.
- Assist in AOP planning (Capacity, FSP)
- Present current product status to senior management.
- Familiarity and support of the product introduction process (MIP)
- Participate in the S&OP and LCM meetings
- Initiate and monitor cost savings and cost avoidance projects
- Communicate issues with Operations Management
- Interface with POHC and BG to assess cost and production impacts for all LCM changes and new product launches.
Represents Operations Engineering, Production and Distribution sites, and OEM) and planning on IPD teams
- Overall management of the IPD processes deliverables and project timelines as it relates to NPI activities. Represents also Process Engineering as well as Production, RDC and S&OP.
- Identify and manage key project deliverables per BQMS 31201
- Responsible for providing operational inputs to process
- Responsible for achieving operational deliverables to project
- Supports MIP activities
- Input to project team (PT) on assembly strategy and process specification
- Specification on component packaging to production line
- Manage forecast versus capacity for launch
- Readiness to Release for Production
- Set initial tracking point for quality & cost of product.
- Lead meetings on quality, cost, and delivery
- Provide direction on IPD deliverables
- Coordination and execution of Engineering Series and Commercial Sample builds
- Coordination and execution of activities with IPC to execute builds
- Transition to LCM
- Alignment with Operations management
We Are Looking For
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5+ years industry experience in project management, configuration management and/or logistics management
- Able to lead projects to industrialize new consumer product finished goods into packaging sites at remote locations (global)
- Exceptional written/verbal communication skills to effectively communicate with global sales organizations and packaging sites
- Experience with creation of consumer product finished goods configurations
- Strong project management skills, including team building, development of and managing to a schedule
- Demonstrated ability to address problems proactively
- Strong time management skills to prioritize and manage many concurrent projects to ensure all meet required timelines
- Microsoft Office applications, including PowerPoint and Project
- Experience with high volume manufacturing supply chain and logistics processes
- Experience with BoM creation and structures
- Experience with FDA-regulated medical device manufacturing helpful
At Philips, we are driven by our mission to improve the lives of 3 billion people per year by 2025, and every day we move closer to achieving our goal by creating cutting-edge solutions that lead to confident diagnosis, improved care, and increased quality of life for patients. Thanks to our employees who share our passion for improving lives, we are at the forefront of the Healthcare industry leading in image guided interventions, ultrasound, patient monitoring, cardiology informatics, sleep therapy and respiratory care. Named one of the Top 50 Happiest Companies in America in 2013, we enable our employees to create a legacy in life through their work and support their development through people-centric learning, total rewards and personalized development planning programs
Find out more info about Philips at www.philips.com/na/careers
Ready to start improving lives by putting your personal skills & passions to work?
Philips is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, protected veteran or marital status.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans’ Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
In case of difficulties with your job application please send an email to [email protected]
Back to top