North America, Business Development Director
North America, Business Development Director
Job Posting Description In this role, you have the opportunity to
Drive business development projects across the different businesses within the Philips Strategy in North America.
You are responsible for
- Identifying and developing pipeline of inorganic opportunities, including growth spaces and potential acquisition and/or partnering opportunities
- Contributing to the formulation of actionable strategic recommendations, and working with and presenting recommendations to audiences of senior management
- Facilitating inorganic strategy discussions in broader teams across businesses and functions
- Profile target companies in key domains, aligned to the business' strategic priorities
- Program manage the multiple active and exploratory pipeline of M&A and equity deals
- Identify and track deliverables to ensure the HI team is on track and meeting required timelines, both internal (e.g., PIAC) and external (e.g., auction process)
- Managing working teams up as well as down and sideways, and across multiple businesses, markets, and functions
- Participates with other senior managers to establish strategic plans and objectives. Makes final decisions on administrative or operational matters and ensures effective achievement of objectives.
- Works on complex issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth knowledge of the company. Participates in corporate development of methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for projects, programs, and people.
- Identify and develops pipeline for inorganic growth spaces and target companies and participates in strategic planning.
- Regularly interacts with executives and management from external companies, as well as external advisors. Interactions frequently involve special skills, such as negotiating with third parties or management or attempting to influence senior level leaders regarding matters of significance to the organization.
You are a part of
As a Director Business Development for all of North America large initiatives across all of Philips, you are part of a global M&A, strategy and business development team that directly supports and influences key decisions at the highest level of Philips. You will work in the domain of healthcare informatics with Philips' businesses, commercial country organizations and functional teams, helping them to develop the business and supplying them with deep insights, actionable strategic direction and thought leadership.
You will report the Head of Strategy for North America. You will set the agenda to drive our North America efforts, together with other Executives.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- Bachelor degree required, Master's degree is preferred
- 5+ years of professional experience in Mergers & Acquisitions, Corporate Development, or related experience
- Experience working with cross functional teams is a must
- Global business experience a plus
In this role we offer you
We offer you the unusual opportunity to be actively involved in the decision-making process of the Senior Leaders responsible for the North America Strategy plus the ability to work in a wide variety of business environments and geographies. You will be a core team member helping Philips to create the cardiology arena in the years to come.
Within Philips, the Mergers & Acquisition and Strategy team is a proven landing spot for strategy and business development professionals, and a stepping-stone for future leaders.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It's a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum . Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.
To find out more about what it's like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog . Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process , or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions .
Find out more info about Philips at www.philips.com/na/careers
Philips is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, protected veteran or marital status.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it. In case of technical difficulties, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org .
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)
Back to top