NLP Research Scientist for Clinical Data
- Cambridge, MA
NLP Research Scientist for Clinical Data
In this role, you have the opportunity to Participate in various research-related activities around clinical decision support, real-time diagnostic, therapeutic decision support, operational workflow improvement, and other healthcare-related applications, focusing on research, development, and evaluation of first-of-kind algorithms and prototypes for clinicians and other relevant partners, which will help make better and informed decisions, improving patient care, optimizing clinical and operational outcomes in clinical workflows.
Applicants should be located in the United States and be available to relocate to Cambridge, MA.
You are responsible for
- Apply your expertise in Natural Language Processing/Deep Learning/Machine Learning methods on EHR, and other healthcare-related structured and unstructured data (e.g. Clinical Notes such as Consultation, Discharge, History & Physical, Procedures, and Progress Note; and Radiology, Cardiology, and Pathology Diagnostic Reports)
- Research, design, develop and evaluate first-of-a-kind solutions to provide clinical decision support, improve clinical workflow, and optimize patient outcomes;
- Research innovative solutions, develop new concepts, and build proof-of-concept demonstrators and validate results with clinical data.
- Participate in multi-disciplinary teams to contribute to innovation roadmaps.
- Interact with business partners and customers to understand their problems, share insights and validated practices.
- Partner with Philips businesses to deliver high-quality innovations with performance validated with customers and clinical collaborators.
- Help build and lead collaborative relationships with external partners, the scientific community, and governmental resources.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- Ph.D. in Computer Sciences, Biomedical Engineering, Bioinformatics, or a related field
- Hands-on expertise in developing Natural Language Processing based solutions.
- Demonstrated NLP expertise through scientific publications and/or successful product development; additional Deep Learning/Machine Learning experience in addition to NLP will be a strong plus.
- Python programming experience required
- Experience working on medical informatics (unstructured data)
- Software prototyping experience in a clinically oriented research environment a strong plus
- Understanding of clinical workflow and systems and experience in working with clinicians a strong plus
- Experience with health information systems (EMR, PACS, HIS/RIS etc) a strong plus
- Experience with relevant data analytics and visualization tools a plus
- Ability to work with cross-functional teams expected
- Self-motivated, committing to results, and team-player expected
- Flexible and quick-learner expected
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills expected
Join us and work in a dynamic environment with opportunities to contribute to a number of innovation topics and application areas in relation to healthcare solutions and services. You have the opportunity to contribute to the growth of your team. We offer competitive benefits and salary package.
Why should you join Philips? Working at Philips is more than a job. It is a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum . Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.
To find out more about what it is like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog . Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process , or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions .
It is the policy of Philips to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, gender, pregnancy/childbirth, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability or perceived disability, genetic information, citizenship, veteran or military status or a person's relationship or association with a protected veteran, including spouses and other family members, marital or domestic partner status, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
Equal Employment and Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veteran
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it.
If you have any other questions regarding the recruitment process please refer to our FAQs . In case of technical difficulties with the website, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org .
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox . Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)
Back to top