New Service Development Project Manager
Job TitleNew Service Development Project Manager
The New Service Development Project Manager will focus on creation of new commercial service offerings in the domain of healthcare operations and continuous improvement. Services in this context are scalable/industrialized and configurable commercial offerings which will include aspects delivered by Philips staff ("people-delivered services"), both alone or in conjunction with products; "x"-as-a-service (beyond software); continuous and lifecycle engagements. The services in scope are focused heavily on aiding healthcare providers in improving their operational performance as related to imaging equipment.
Co-create with customers, Marketing, Operations, and the Markets to design, industrialize, implement, and release new services and continuously improve released new services to aid our healthcare customers in improving their operational performance related to imaging equipment. Support process improvements in New Services Design, New Services Development and monitoring execution of Services Delivery processes.
Integrate thinking on:
1) Customer experience design;
2) Lifecycle management of a service;
3) Scalability and industrialization of a service, including people, processes, and supporting technology;
4) Integration of offering-business model-infrastructure and capability;
5) Ecosystem thinking
- Service creation:
a. Manage the co-creation of new service offerings through work directly with internal stakeholders, beta sites, and end-customers, taking ownership of securing excellence in both content and project execution. Standardize and industrialize the service to ensure the proper mix of configurability to meet customer needs and scalability such that the service can be delivered at a sustainable level.
b. Ensure that both Philips and customer needs are reflected in the delivered service offering. Manage and actively participate in the creation and documentation of service process flows and requirements / specifications, validation plans, internal and external training material.
c. Manage new service creation project teams to deliver on-time and with-quality.
Coordinate Markets, business, and functions through facilitation, transparent communication, resolving and focused management attention to the users/customer's issues in order to gain complete users/customer satisfaction. Bring people together, encouraging cooperation across borders and boundaries, and ensuring conflicts are resolved and best practices are shared.
- Drive Operational Excellence:
Apply Lean principles and Philips standards to work as a unified Philips with increased added value from a customer's perspective.
- Lead change:
Mobilize and energize others to deliver process capabilities needed in order to successfully release and deliver our new services. Work with business process experts to continually refine and improve the new service development and release process.
Challenge others to question traditional ways of working, overcome barriers to change and to adapt quickly to new, changing environments.
- Champion / role model culture:
Maintain a climate of trust, openness, honesty and objectivity and role models a can-do mentality.
This role will be a part of the Customer Services Development team in Andover, MA.
At Philips, we are driven by our mission to improve the lives of 3 billion people per year by 2025, and every day we move closer to achieving our goal by creating cutting-edge solutions that lead to confident diagnosis, improved care, and increased quality of life for patients. Thanks to our employees who share our passion for improving lives, we are at the forefront of the Healthcare industry leading in image guided interventions, ultrasound, patient monitoring, cardiology informatics, sleep therapy and respiratory care.
Named one of the Top 50 Happiest Companies in America in 2013, we enable our employees to create a legacy in life through their work and support their development through people-centric learning, total rewards and personalized development planning programs.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- BS/MS in business or technical field and at least 5 years of experience managing and executing service development projects, bringing one or more new services from idea to market.
- Domain knowledge:
Experience in creating or delivering operational and performance management, continuous improvement, business transformation, or learning services is required.
- Preference for prior working experience with healthcare providers as a vendor or in an operational role (strong preference for radiology / imaging) sufficient to effectively engage with internal subject matter experts and liaison with customers on concept or validation testing.
- Operational excellence and project management: Familiarity with continuous improvement techniques and project management, both for driving operational excellence in service development as well as to embed excellence practices in customer-facing service design:
Demonstrated work experience with business process management (one or more of process modeling, BPMN, SIPOC, value stream mapping), business architecture and service frameworks, and development of standard operating procedures and work instructions is very strongly preferred.
Understanding of key continuous improvement methods (Lean, Six Sigma): when, why, and how to deploy and can effectively communicate with both stakeholders and continuous improvement experts
Ability to execute structured root cause analysis, critical thinking, and problem solving methodologies (supported by tools and procedures), and explain the process and results to stakeholders
- Project management experience (including standard tools, such as MS Project), requirements management, and budgeting is required.
- Analytical and quantitative skills:
- Working knowledge of operational analytics, statistics, and data analysis sufficient for interaction with product/software development teams and at a level appropriate to understand how data can be used to improve customer operations as part of new service offerings.
- Business analysis skills sufficient to understand, update, and manage business impact analyses and business cases and to summarize and present business data to varying levels of management is desired.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with sensitivity to complex organizational structures, varying cultures, and potentially conflicting goals is critical. Demonstrated history of working with customers, marketing and sales, designers and developers, and senior/executive management is highly valued.
Philips is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, protected veteran or marital status.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
In case of technical difficulties with your job application, such as login issues or a need to reset your password, please send an email to [email protected]
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)
Meet Some of Philips's Employees
Sr. Digital Marketing Manager
Grant markets the sophisticated Philips Sonicare oral healthcare products. He helps customers find the best oral hygiene routine and creates meaningful consumer experiences, from launch to purchase.
Back to top