New Product Introduction Engineer 4
Job TitleNew Product Introduction Engineer 4
The role of NPI engineer is crucial for new projects within the Oral Health Care business. The purpose of having such a role in the organization is to adequately and timely assess the manufacturability of mechanical components. The NPI engineer will play the early interface between Innovation and Development and the Supply Chain. The NPI engineer will work closely with our supplier all over the world to establish a robust working window for the mechanical parts (both plastic, metal and decoration technologies)
Works primarily with NPI Project Lead, Product development team and suppliers. All in close cooperation with the procurement team.
At Philips, we are driven by our mission to improve the lives of 3 billion people per year by 2025, and every day we move closer to achieving our goal by creating cutting-edge solutions that lead to confident diagnosis, improved care, and increased quality of life for patients. Thanks to our employees who share our passion for improving lives, we are at the forefront of the Healthcare industry leading in image guided interventions, ultrasound, patient monitoring, cardiology informatics, sleep therapy and respiratory care. Named one of the Top 50 Happiest Companies in America in 2013, we enable our employees to create a legacy in life through their work and support their development through people-centric learning, total rewards and personalized development planning programs.
We Are Looking For
8-Year degree or equivalent + 5 years’ experience
Key responsibilities and duties include, but are not limited to:
- Assess the manufacturability of plastic and steel parts for NPI projects
- Manages custom plastic molding or metal stamping tools installed at our suppliers
- Coordinate early supply involvement into project with support of the procurement organization.
- Provides expertize of tooling concept design during initial stage of the tooling creation, participates on part and tool design review to provide expertize leading to optimal technical solution delivering parts and components to expected costs and quality.
- In later stage of projects he applies his technical knowledge to assure lean production asset management assuring sustaining production capacity
- Ensure supplier understands product specifications and requirements
- Drives the development of manufacturing flow diagram
- Drives material selection for all components.
- Drive pFMES process for manufacturing process
- Suggest design improvement to enable robust manufacturing
- Participates in supplier selection activities
- Leads teams to implement component/subassembly/changes/improvements
- Ensure changed component/subassembly documentation set is transferred to supplier.
- Ensure supplier understands changes to component/subassembly specifications and requirements.
- Supports competence growth and competence assessments in line with project and strategic objectives
- Ensures a professional way of working according to Philips ethics and standards
- Responsible to identify and report competence gaps
Find out more info about Philips at www.philips.com/na/careers
Philips is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, protected veteran or marital status.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans’ Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
In case of difficulties with your job application please send an email to [email protected]
Meet Some of Philips's Employees
Jose engineers the specific system level requirements for the Philips Sonicare oral healthcare products. He makes certain the detailed design of each device over-delivers on customer expectations every time.
Back to top