New Business Development (Digital Solutions)
New Business Development (Digital Solutions)
In this role, you have the opportunity to
An opportunity to develop the future of oral healthcare by delivering digital solutions through new business development, focusing on partnerships, potential acquisitions and innovative business models supported by 3rdparty eco-systems. Philips Oral Healthcare has formed strategic Connected Solutions Venture Team that act as a start-up within a large organization. This is an agile team with the strategic task to deliver digital solutions and services that delight consumers to live up to Philips' brand promise of "Innovation & You". You will also have a unique opportunity to directly impact propositions and supporting the growth of Oral Healthcare Connected Solutions Platform by driving new business models and monetization flows including among the others service and subscription. You will be operating in digital health industry, where highly complex data driven B2C and B2B2C partnerships play critical role in new business development.
You are responsible for
- Translating strategic priorities of Digital Solutions Venture into structured business development and business models activities.
- Define and deliver the strategy around new business models, with a global view focusing on key strategic priorities of Digital Solutions Venture
- Identify, evaluate, negotiate, and manage strategic partnerships in complex digital oral healthcare eco-systems (B2C, B2B, B2B2C)
- Responsible of driving and managing multi eco-system solutions partnerships with insurance, dental professionals and other 3rd party partners.
- Negotiate and close strategic partnerships, working with Solutions Venture Leader and other key stakeholders in Oral Healthcare
- Identify opportunities for new business models and GTM innovation with special focus on data monetization strategy in context of digital solutions
- Execute plans while working in highly complex network with key internal stakeholders (e.g. product management, legal, marketing, engineering teams, privacy and security)
- Collaborate cross-functionally to gain agreement on the GTM plan or new business models, so that it will have support for funding and execution
- Dive deep into data, technology trends and identify important and actionable business intelligence activities
- Proactively develop, maintain and foster strategic relationships with business partners and third party organizations (large organizations and start-ups) to maximize business opportunities for both parties and deliver enhanced value propositions prospect and win new business opportunities
- Develop and maintain an acquisition pipeline, and ensure all new opportunities and leads are actioned You are a part of
A Digital Solutions Venture team, a part of overall Global Oral Healthcare Business, which operates as an agile, fast paced start-up. A team is composed of dedicated people in Product Management, Engineering, Product Researcher, Design, Business Development, Data Science, Sales and Operations. Together with the cross-functional team you will be responsible to build new business models by leveraging 3rdparty opportunities, continuously search external landscape leading to comprehensive eco-systems expansion, new channels opportunities as well as potential M&A targets to support value propositions. Key focus is on B2C and B2B2C opportunities with a special link to Dental Professionals, Payers and Consumers. Your role is instrumental in supporting the value propositions from the digital platform partnerships in highly dynamic digital health market, with growing complexities in data driven business models.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- Minimum Bachelor's degree (MBA strongly preferred) with strong academic performance in Business, Economics and Marketing
- At least 6 years experience in international business development and minimum 4 years in new digital solutions product business development and business models innovation.
- Strong understanding of digital solutions, IOT and cloud based technologies and products, as well as sales and marketing strategies and tactics employed in those industries.
- Experience in digital health or medical industry is a plus
- Familiar with agile software and mobile application development
- Software industry domain expertise, and the ability to understand complex technology problems particularly related to 3rd party digital eco-systems, data strategy monetization models is a plus
- Extensive experience planning, negotiating, establishing, and leveraging partnerships with public and private organizations.
- Strong proof points of successfully closing M&A/ partnership including GTM due diligence, with both large organizations and start-ups is key requirement
- Extensive experience formulating partnership strategies, goals, and execution plans.
- Proven track record in post-merger or post-partnership relationship management.
- Data driven, but comfortable with ambiguity that comes with the Venture/Start-up approach. Adept at simplifying complexity and developing scalable propositions.
- Demonstrated success in executing digital solutions deals and partnerships with strong focus on data integration and monetization strategies
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication (both written and verbal) skills. Experience communicating with both technical and non-technical stakeholders across multiple teams.
- Very comfortable developing, implementing, managing and executing through influence across a cross-functional set of senior stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to engage and influence senior level executives.
- Strong team player who is also an independent and creative thinker always able to seek pragmatic solutions in complex environment
- Self-starter who enjoys working in a fast-paced, collaborative, and innovative high growth environment In return, we offer you
The opportunity to represent the customer through meaningful innovation in the oral healthcare space.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It's a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum at http://www.philips.com/b-dam/corporate/corporateblog/2016/PhilipsChronicDisease_5.jpg . Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways. Learn more by watching this video .
To find out more about what it's like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page at http://www.philips.com/a-w/careers/healthtech/working-at-philips/working-at-philips.html on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog at http://www.usa.philips.com/a-w/our-people/life-at-philips.html . Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process at http://www.philips.com/a-w/careers/healthtech.html , or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions at http://www.philips.com/a-w/careers/healthtech/faq.html .
Philips is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, protected veteran or marital status.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888) 367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it. In case of technical difficulties, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org .
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)
Meet Some of Philips's Employees
Software Engineer—Cambridge, MA
Ankita works with the Innovation Group to develop software which assists Philips customers, improving the day-to-day workflows of clinicians so that they can concentrate on their patients.
Back to top