Network Remote Service Engineer
Job TitleNetwork Remote Service Engineer
Philips is seeking a Remote Service Engineer to provide reactive technical support for the Patient Care Monitoring Solutions/Customer Care Solutions Center (CCSC) group. This role will evolve into a proactive support role utilizing the IntelliVue Application Performance Monitor (APM) solution in a virtual 24×7 Network Operating Center type environment. This position will be reporting out of the CCSC in Alpharetta, GA or Boca Raton, FL. The PCMS business serves the healthcare community through effective and efficient management of capital medical equipment/solution implementation in various areas within the healthcare continuum.
What is Application Performance Monitor (APM)?
The IntelliVue Application Performance Monitor runs, retrieves, and displays diagnostics data for IntelliVue Clinical Network (ICN) devices including Philips Supplied Network (PSN) and Customer Supplied (CSN) deployed devices. APM is a combination of hardware, operating system, database engine and custom application designed to offload performance monitoring statistics and alerts from various PIIC iX systems such as the Primary Server and Surveillance Stations. These statistics include statistics and metrics from the IntelliVue Patient Monitors as well as the IntelliVue Smart-hopping infrastructure devices such as Philips Access Point Controllers (APCs) and Access Points (APs).
The job of the Network Remote Service Engineer (NRSE) is to provide customer support remotely for technical issues with Patient Monitoring solutions within the Patient Care Monitoring Solutions (PCMS) Customer Services of Philips Health Systems. The NRSE with serve as point of knowledge escalation for technical support team. The NRSE will also handle support cases generated by the auto / machine process from the Application Performance Monitor (APM) via M2M into our trouble ticketing system, OneEMS where it will be identified according to the modality being monitored. The NRSE will be expected to identify when an issue can be resolved remotely utilizing appropriate remote tools (APM) and partner effectively with other product specialist to resolve the issue while escalating unresolved issues to the local team or next level.
- In addition to these duties, the NRSE may be required to provide remote technical support for other products and solutions within the PCMS portfolio.
- Responds and acts upon Machine 2 Machine alerts by communicating information as appropriate and escalates appropriately to the next level.
- Provides telephone and remote technical support to external customers. Resolves customer service events by leveraging Philips tools and resources as needed. Proactive, remote resolution is the primary goal. Escalates unresolved issues to the next level.
- Timely escalates customer product issues for evaluation and action by higher level support via National Support Specialist and Product Support Engineers
- Implements best practices and process improvements – uses knowledgebase to share information globally.
- Develops strong relationships with CCSC/Regional/National Competency Center `day to day service events.
- Able to diagnose problems, apply effective solutions and determine follow up actions. Assures a quality hand off to the next level for calls that were not resolved remotely. Assures next level of support is aware of remote steps taken prior dispatch. Own IT related and system down related issues through resolution.
- Assess complex problem, collects data, establishes facts to define an action plan and drive the plan to resolution. Ability to effectively read and understand complex as built documentation for enterprise level customer solutions.
- Deploy software remotely to customer system requiring patch or upgrade.
- Impart technical knowledge and expertise to the Remote Service Engineering team.
- Generates system trend analysis for customers as required by service agreements. Creates customer system analysis reports as necessary to help predict potential system reliability issues and support system interconnectivity efficiencies.
Secondary responsibilities may include:
Ability to lead installation of complex multi-phase systems composed of IT infrastructure and patient monitoring in both clinical and non-clinical environments as needed. Shares responsibility of successful project completion with the assigned Project Manager and project team (Secondary responsibility)
Generates system trend analysis for customers as required by service agreements. Creates customer system analysis reports as necessary to help predict potential system reliability issues and support system interconnectivity efficiencies. Provide technical review of system configurations to ensure viability of system performance.
- 2 year/ Associates Degree in technical field or equivalent experience is required
- Philips Patient Monitoring and/or patient monitoring industry experience a plus
- Extensive knowledge of information system technologies as reflected in formal Microsoft or Cisco certifications.
- Windows 8.1 and Server 2012 Administration and Active Directory experience is required
- Minimum CCENT certification is required. CCNA with a specialty in security, wireless and/or routing and switching is preferred
- SQL 2012 Server Basic Administration is required
- Java Script experience preferred
- VMWare or VSphere or Hyper-V experience required
- WireShark / Log View experience required
- SNMP knowledge and experience is required
- Previous experience working in a healthcare environment.
- Knowledge of HL7 and Electronic medical record systems
- Effective communications with C-Suite level customers and IT departments and internal factory/R&D level personnel
- NOC (Network Operations Center) experience preferred
- Follows systematic troubleshooting standard and thinks logically about solutions.
- Interpersonal skills with teams and customers
- Prioritization and time management
- Trend analysis and system performance reporting experience preferred
- Technical writing experience preferred
- Ability to utilize MS office and other CRM products and applications
- Lean skills a plus
- Ability to type 30 words per minute minimum
- Travel will be determined according to business requirements
- Ability to travel up to 25% when the projects require
- Flexibility to work any shift within a 24×7 service support model and/or be available in an on-call rotation.
Philips is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, protected veteran or marital status.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans’ Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
In case of difficulties with your job application please send an email to [email protected]
Back to top