Network Engineer (Canada)
- Mississauga, Canada
Network Engineer (Canada)
In this role, you have the opportunity to
Be responsible for providing consultation to healthcare institutions on IT integration strategies and system integrations, primarily for Monitoring Analytics & Therapeutic Care (MATC). In this role, you will participate in the planning, coordination, and solution development and implementation activities related to the integration of applications and technologies within the Healthcare application integration environment.
This successful candidate will reside in Canada and will travel to our partner hospital locations from your home-based office, as needed. Travel is approximately 30-40%. Relocation will not be provided.
You are responsible for
- Designing and leading the implementation and testing of complex IT integration solutions following industry and proprietary real-time patient data transfer requirement.
- Providing consultation to healthcare institutions on IT integration strategies and system integrations.
- Leading installation of complex multi-phase systems composed of IT infrastructure and patient monitoring in both clinical and non-clinical environments across an expansive geography.
- Providing technical review of system configurations to ensure viability of system performance.
- Leading and directing a diverse team of internal and external installation resources.
- Sharing responsibility of successful project completion with the assigned Project Manager and project team.
- Providing integration environment technical knowledge and experience during the planning, execution, and management of integrating new applications into the existing application environment.
- Identifying and resolve networking and systems connectivity and integration issues.
- Developing standards and processes to support and facilitate integration projects and initiatives.
- Identifying common patterns and document best practices for networking integration and systems connectivity.
- Collaborating with hospital staff to ensure the achievement of strategic goals as they relate to decision-making, education, implementation, ongoing evaluation, maintenance and upgrading of technologies and clinical information systems used throughout the hospital.
- Participating in integration testing phase of software and applications under development to identify and remedy potential problem areas.
- Managing all software development and engineering teams and confirm inclusive understanding of application architectures and required functionality.
- Integrating research into practice and use critical thinking and problem-solving skills to guide evidence-based decisions in advocating for positive patient outcomes.
- Responsible for managing and implementation of integrated clinical information systems.
- Developing training programs to facilitate acceptance and adoption of clinical and business applications.
You are a part of
The Services & Solutions Delivery team and serves the healthcare community through effective and efficient management of capital medical equipment and solution implementation in various areas within the healthcare continuum.
The ideal candidate should have the following skills and experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Biomedical disciplines with at least two (2+) years' experience in Healthcare / IT environments preferred.
- Oracle Certified Associate (OCA), Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) and/or equivalent certification
- Significant Java experience, required
- Extensive knowledge of information system technologies as reflected in formal Microsoft, Cisco, VM, or Active Directory Certifications, desirable.
- Extensive knowledge of Healthcare Systems, Clinical Informatics solutions and Healthcare integration.
- Broadly skilled in HL7 and the integration of medical equipment with EPIC as the electronic medical record (EMR) system.
- Skilled at owning technical issues through resolution.
- Ability to influence internal and external resources to a stated objective without formal lines of authority.
- Effectively communicate to CXO level management - internal and external.
- Effectively negotiate technical requirements and cost efficiency.
- Deliver required results with high levels of customer satisfaction, both internal and external.
- Previous experience working in a healthcare environment desired
- Ability to travel where the projects require throughout Canada; approximately 30-40%.
In return, we offer you
A path towards your most rewarding career. Philips is growing its marketing capability enterprise wide. Succeeding in this market-based role in a complex environment will open many doors for your long-term career, in other areas in Philips or otherwise. We also believe that we are at our best as a company when you are at yours as a person. Thus, we offer competitive health benefits, a flexible work schedule, and access to local well-being focused activities.
Canadian work authorization is a precondition of employment. The company will not consider candidates who require sponsorship for a work-authorized visa. Relocation is not available for this opportunity.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It's a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum . Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.
To find out more about what it's like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog . Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process , or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions .
Philips Electronics Ltd is committed to treating all people in a way that allows them to maintain their dignity and independence. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it.
Back to top