Network Development Engineer
- Cambridge, MA
Network Development Engineer
In this role, you have the opportunity to
Experience how much more a system is than a summary of its pieces. You'll work as a System Engineer on the robustness of our large scale enterprise patient monitoring systems. You use off-the-Shelf tools as well as hand written tools/scripts to engineer our tests, set up test labs and analyze test runs with gigabytes of log results. Your work will be driven by the requirements of today's clinical standard IT networks and environments that include challenges of high availability, virtualization, wireless connectivity and cloud based applications.
Do you like technical challenges, want to work on cutting edge technologies with great people in your team? Are you a doer that can think outside of the box?
Work for us - one of Philips largest and highest performing business!
You are responsible for
- Technical leadership and responsible for realization of systems product release/life cycle management to ensure quality and compliance.
- Translation of user and business needs into product requirements.
- System decomposition and allocation of derived requirements down to HW/SW component level and related traceability.
- Trade-off of system design specifications and interfaces, determine feasibility of potential solutions, and leading technical & design reviews.
- System integration of our patient monitoring solutions consisting of 15+ different products from different groups and locations
- Creating test strategies for performance, reliability, supportability, and availability testing of our solutions
- Supporting deployment and troubleshooting for customer issues upon escalation
You are a part of
You work in a growing team of System Engineers with a good mix of seniority and fresh minds that collaboratively work and approach the challenges we have.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- 5+ Years experience in the design of enterprise networks including campus network deployments
- Proficiency of network routing, switching, and security
- Expertise in TCP/IP and Multicast Protocols
- Experience with Network Management Systems desired
- Experience with HP Aruba, Cisco Meraki or equivalent.
- Familiar with 802.1x, 802.11 Wireless LAN
- Server and PC hardware knowledge and experience a plus
- Scripting skills a plus
- Programming experience a plus
- Proven self-motivation
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to work with a group and independently as necessary to complete assigned tasks
- Ability to communicate and work with customers
- BS in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent experience
- You have a Bachelors in Computer Science, Biomedical Engineering, Systems Engineering, Information Systems, or relevant equivalent technical experience
- You bring in knowledge in Virtualization Hyper-V/ VMware/ Azure
- You have Client Server/ Multi-Tier Windows Server experience
- You have experience in Windows administration and know how to work as a DevOps
- Experience writing or scripting automation tools or data analysis tools (preferably PowerShell, C# or other Microsoft related languages)
- Experience developing test cases and test procedures
- Proficient in computer networking (LAN, VLAN, DNS, DHCP, Multicast, TCP, UDP, Routing, Firewalls, etc.)
In return, we offer you
To be part of a team that it's ambition it is to improve the life of 3 billion people. We offer a job with a purpose - at the end every sensor, cable or system we build is connected to a patient. You join a fast moving and agile team with flat hierarchies and fast decision making.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It's a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum . Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.
To find out more about what it's like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog . Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process , or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions .
It is the policy of Philips to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without to age, color, citizenship, disability or perceived disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital or domestic partner status, military or veteran status, national origin, pregnancy/childbirth, race, religion, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws. Philips is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it.
If you have any other questions regarding the recruitment process please refer to our FAQs . In case of technical difficulties with the website, please send an email to email@example.com .
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox . Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)
Back to top