Mobile Applications Engineer
Mobile Applications Engineer
Great innovations start with the people that are passionate and skilled enough to create them. As a diversified health and well-being company, Philips focuses on improving people's lives through those timely and meaningful innovations. In this role you will help define and develop our Sleep Business Mobile Software solutions as we transition our portfolio to even more connected platforms along the health continuum.
You are a part of :
Philips Sleep and Respiratory organization that generates more than a billion dollars a year in revenue. Our AWS-hosted, customer-facing application developed by this organization is critical to customers and is, in many instances, the deciding factor in the buying process. The Sleep Engineering team which is responsible for new product development. Our team plays an integral role in the continued success and growth of our Sleep and Respiratory organization. We value innovation and hard work and have a passion for creating meaningful solutions that improve the lives of our customers.
This role will initially be based in our Monroeville office. Philips will be relocating this office to a new site in Bakery Square , one of the premier locations in Pittsburgh. This is a very exciting time to be joining Philips, as this new location will be the Sleep & Respiratory Center of Excellence. The new office is set to open in late 2020.
You are responsible for:
- Definition of Mobile Applications (iOS and Android) for use with Multiple Sleep Products. This will include Life Cycle Management including:
- User Experience Design
- Connected Architecture definition of programs with a mix of mobile applications, web-based applications, medical devices, and PC applications
- Assume a Core Contributor role on all aspects of the Mobile Applications associated with the Sleep Team
- Working within a distributed team for execution of the Application
- Contributing to estimation and task breakdown
- Understanding existing code/design and perform impact analysis
- Deployment Strategies of the Mobile Application Code
- Understanding past and future versions of the Mobile Operating Systems
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering ore related discipline
- At least 5 years Software Development on different platforms (iOS/Android/Application/Mobile)
- Experience Defining Mobile Application Requirements and Design
- Working with Development Teams and User Experience designers to realize different applications
- Experience in Design and implementation in a High Level languages such as C#, Java, etc.
- Ability to balance technical decisions and business needs
- Awareness of security and privacy concerns
- Effective debugging skills
- Excellent communication skills
US work authorization is a precondition of employment. The company will not consider candidates who require sponsorship for a work-authorized visa.
Company relocation benefits will not be provided for this position
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It's a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum . Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.
To find out more about what it's like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog . Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process , or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions .
Philips is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, protected veteran or marital status.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it. In case of technical difficulties, please send an email to email@example.com .
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)
Back to top