Mid-level RF/Electrical Enigineer
Job TitleMid-level RF/Electrical Enigineer
The Design Engineer is responsible for developing the PERS/wearable medical devices across sensors, microprocessor, Wi-Fi, GPS and Cell module and other RF components. This engineer may also be evaluating third party medical devices and IOT devices, and integrating solutions into the PERS service system of Philips Lifeline.
The successful candidate will have hands-on experience in RF/wireless technologies and RF/analog/digital circuit design, and familiar with embedded systems. The candidate shall have experience working with teams to develop wireless, low-power consumer health and medical products. The engineer will also help develop test fixtures and support product manufacturing.
- Specify RF/Electrical Design Requirement to meet product requirements and commercial requirements for the to-be-developed medical devices.
- Select and evaluate RF module/component for the wireless communication features of new medical device. Design and test RF circuits and systems.
- Support regulatory tests and RF certification tests.
- Design, develop, and test circuitries to help create the next generation of PERS/wearable, devices.
- Design, develop, and test PCB’s for test fixtures for testing PERS/wearable devices of Philips Lifeline.
- Work with cross functional team to launch new products, including testers.
- Specify test requirements and provide technical support on the manufacturing issues.
- Evaluate third party medical devices and IOT devices, and find solutions of integrating them into the PERS service system of Philips Lifeline.
- Provide technical support to complaint investigation.
You will be part of the Philips Lifeline Engineering team based in the Framingham , MA office for Philips Lifeline.
Here at Philips WE ARE Working Together for a Better Tomorrow:
Philips’ dedication to enriching lives is reflected in our company, our solutions, and a commitment to our people. Philips products lead to improved healthcare, faster diagnosis and better patient outcomes. Philips employees change lives every day.
Philips Lifeline has been around over 40 years and now part of Philips for the past ten years. We are the leader in the PERS ( personal, emergency response service.)
We are looking for
BS or MS degree in Electrical Engineering preferred
- 5+ years of RF design and circuitry development and experience with ultra-low power systems. Hands-on RF/analog design and circuit debugging.
- Experience with TI radio transceivers, Nordic nRF series, and GPS, WiFi and Cell modules.
- Familiar with RF communication protocols (Cell, WiFi, GPS, BTLE, etc.) and standards (FCC, CTIA, PTCRB, etc.).
- Good at writing documentation, from design/test specifications to investigation reports and white papers.
- Good system mentality, to pursue the best design for the overall success of the delivered product and ultimately to the business.
- Entrepreneurial attitude. Desire to work in fast paced, dynamic setting with proven record to generate results.
- Self-driven and strong leadership ability and proven track record of excelling in a multidisciplinary team environment.
- Strong knowledge of WiFi/GPS/Cell/Bluetooth wireless protocols a plus.
- RF circuit layout experience a plus.
- Embedded design experience is another plus.
Job id 218522
Philips is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, protected veteran or marital status.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans’ Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
In case of difficulties with your job application please send an email to [email protected]
Back to top