Medical Sales Manager
Job TitleMedical Sales Manager
Philips Light & Health is a business focusing on LED based medical devices and is part of the BG Emerging Businesses. Our primary focus is in dermatology where we have a strong product pipeline enabling cost effective treatments at home and at hospital. We have already launched our BlueControl, the first wearable device to treat psoriasis plaque at home with blue light and the one key component of the go-to-market strategy is to develop dermatologist prescription.
Your challenge, increase our sales.
The project scope:
- Driving sales of Philips products through regular contact/visits to medical specialists (dermatologists) providing clinical information, product information and advice so that the health care professional (HCP) recommends our product(s).
- In cooperation with the Sales Director preparing the sales plan for the assigned sales area.
- Accountable for achieving the budgeted sales volumes, prices and profit margin at specified channels/customers.
- Collection of market, product and competitive information, product and service problems, the method of sales, etc. to give feedback to the organization, so that the relevant officials in the market group can make improvements and corrections to their plans, methods and support.
- Ensures the relationship with healthcare professionals, payers and patient association(s) and facilitates the interfaces between the company and the accounts if necessary.
- Contributes to the development and executes local trade marketing activities.
- Give structural way of feedback to the Sales Director to discuss possible actions regularly and also to test and evaluate Marcom specific products, market information and suggestions for improvement.
We expect you to deliver next:
- Sales generated through recommendations from dermatologists in the assigned area
- Number of dermatologist visits
- Number of patient product trials and therapy evaluations from dermatologists
- Number of physician trainings
Philips Light & Health started in 2010 as a Venture and is now a Business Unit embedded within the BG Emerging Businesses. Philips Light & Health is based in Europe with the ambition to expand globally. Our mission: "Improve the health of people through meaningful light-based innovations".
We care about people. We offer superior innovative solutions based on clinical evidence and supported by healthcare professionals. Our primary focus is in dermatology where we have a strong product pipeline enabling cost effective treatments at home and at hospital. We have launched our Philips BlueControl in 2014, the first wearable device to treat psoriasis plaque at home with blue light and we will introduce in coming years other devices to treat different types of skin diseases. You will be joining a (still) relatively small but truly entrepreneurial team of approximately 5 people spread across 3 countries in Europe, all passionate about defining the future, growing the business and having fun. You will be considered an "early joiner" to the Philips Emerging Businesses family.
We believe that every mega growth period creates an exceptional career runway. In fact, the Emerging Businesses leadership team gets out of bed every morning with the sole focus of growing the business and growing the people who contribute to it. Luckily, you are the benefactor of this unique opportunity and leadership commitment- likely to experience an exciting high stakes, mobility-focused environment from which to create your own future – personally, professionally & financially.
We welcome you to a challenging, innovative environment with great opportunities for you to explore.
Skills and experience to be gained and developed:
- B2C Healthcare Sales Management
- Key opinion leader management
- Market knowledge in dermatology
- Healthcare marketing and go-to-market strategies
- Sales management in an emerging business
We offer you 2 x 12 months projects in 2 countries and 2 businesses in which we would like you to start as soon as possible but not later than per September 1st 2018. This project will be your start of your 24 months journey through the Philips Emerging Business organization.
This position will enable you to work from a home based area. Based on the response on this position you will either work home based in the UK (London area) or home based Norway (Oslo area).
We are looking for
Our ideal candidate has an entrepreneurial mindset, and has/is:
- Studying towards your 2017/2018 Master / MBA degree in:
- Marketing & Sales
- Very ambitious
- "No it can't be done" is not existing in your vocabulary
- You need to be eager and persistent
- Capable to work in some isolation, as you will work from home
- Based on working from home, you need to be very enthusiastic and able to work autonomous
- Strong communication skills
- Fluent in oral and written English, and preferable a second language in either German, Danish, Swedish or Norwegian.
If you recognize yourself in this profile and would like to take this challenge, we invite you to apply until latest 30-06-2017.
If you're interested in this opportunity to join us, please upload your resume and motivation letter.
- if you pass the pre-selection round you will be asked to make an online ability test;
- if you achieve the required score on this test, you will be invited for Skype interviews with our Campus Recruiter;
- if you pass this interview, you will be invited for a follow-up interview with the business through Skype
- if you pass the first business Skype interview you will be invited for a second more in-depth business interview which you might be invited to visit our office in Eindhoven
- When you successfully complete the selection process you are able to start as soon as possible in 2017 in your first assignment which is especially created for this program.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it. In case of technical difficulties, please send an email to [email protected]
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)
Meet Some of Philips's Employees
Sr. Digital Marketing Manager
Grant markets the sophisticated Philips Sonicare oral healthcare products. He helps customers find the best oral hygiene routine and creates meaningful consumer experiences, from launch to purchase.
Back to top