Medical Device Dev Engineer 3
Job TitleMedical Device Dev Engineer 3
We welcome you to join Volcano a Philips company as a Medical Device Development Engineer, making a substantial contribution to the innovation of new products and processes. Help to develop new products, using the latest technologies and resources in our San Diego, CA office.
- Provide technical expertise to the design and development of new invasive and noninvasive medical device product(s)
- Investigate/evaluate existing technology and advises research and development, regulatory affairs, and reliability engineering to ensure appropriate process development under the best possible conditions
- Design and implement new methodologies, materials, machines, processes, or products
- Develop new concepts from initial design to market release
- Conduct feasibility studies of the design to determine ability to function as intended
- Maintain detailed documentation throughout all phases of research and development
- Coordinate activities with outside suppliers and consultants to ensure the delivery of supplies or services needed to meet scheduled timelines
Education & Experience you will bring to the role
- Strong knowledge of and ability to perform Product Development Process activities
- Competent in design approaches and level of rigor – good track record of successful designs
- Conceptualizes, designs, develops and documents – medium to large scale designs – moderate complexity
- Develop basic catheter /disposable designs, including transducer and optical development and fabrication
- Support optimization of existing designs
- Direct others in design, building and testing
- Transfer new designs from R&D to production
- Bachelors of Science and a minimum of 5 years of relevant work experience; or a Master Degree with a minimum of 3 years of relevant work experience; or a PhD without experience; or equivalent work experience. (Mechanical Engineering, Material Science, Plastics Engineering, or Biomedical Engineering preferred)
- Demonstrate organizational and interpersonal skills working in a cross-functional, regulated environment
- Understanding of theories and principles of domain (preferably in a medical setting)
- Familiarity with cardiology catheterization procedures, tools, and terminology.
- Proficiency in Solidworks, Microsoft Work, Excel, Powerpoint
Here at Philips WE ARE Working Together for a Better Tomorrow:
Philips’ dedication to enriching lives is reflected in our company, our solutions, and a commitment to our people.
Philips products lead to improved healthcare, faster diagnosis and better patient outcomes. Philips employees change lives every day.
Enjoy endless opportunities to learn, and develop your career in the directions to which you aspire. Philips Healthcare is a place where you will work with others whose far-reaching ideas and accomplishments have impacted over 200 million lives already. Please help us determine what’s next. Your ideas and ability to deliver will help to transform the future of healthcare, and allow you to create your own legacy.
Thanks to our employees, we are at the forefront of the Healthcare industry. Healthcare providers, backed by our many market leading solutions, are able to diagnose confidently, improve care, and increase the quality of life for patients across North America each and every day.
Call to action
Advance your career in an environment that supports work-life balance, health & well-being and continuous learning. Making a difference begins right here, where you come first.
Ready to start improving lives by putting your personal skills & passions to work? Apply Today! Find out more info about Philips at www.philips.com/na/careers
Philips is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, protected veteran or marital status.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans’ Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
In case of difficulties with your job application please send an email to [email protected]
Back to top