Medical Billing-- Reimbursement Specialist
Medical Billing-- Reimbursement Specialist
In this role, you have the opportunity to
Perform in a medical biller position which is in a dynamic and fast paced environment where you will use your medical billing, collecting knowledge and experience to obtain maximum reimbursement, establishing strong relationships with insurance companies and customers.
Shift: Monday thru Friday 8:30am to 5pm
You are responsible for
- Obtain and enter authorizations, insurance and demographic information accurately and timely to ensure clean claims are released
- Reviews claim for the accuracy of procedures, diagnoses, demographic and insurance information
- Reviews and corrects all claims/charge denials and edits that are communicated via Explanation of Benefits (EOB)
- Monitors days in A/R and ensures that they are maintained at the levels expected by management
- Communicate proactively of any billing issues identified
- Timely follow-up on insurance claim denials and exceptions
- Read and interpret insurance explanation of benefits
- Respond to inquiries from Case Managers, insurance companies, and internal customers in a timely manner
- Regularly attend monthly staff meetings and in-house training
You are a part of
A culture of collaboration and team building is embraced. You will be recognized for your individual achievements as well as your contribution to the team dynamic.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- High School Diploma, or equivalent. Associates Degree in Medical Billing and Coding or Accounting, preferred. Two plus years of experience in lieu of education may also be considered.
- Years of Experience/Training: Minimum of 2 plus years of experience in medical billing, preferably with Medicaid and Managed Care reimbursement.
- Computer experience is essential. Must be technically savvy and comfortable using software, including, but not limited to: billing software, MS Office, Insurance Portals, and Electronic Claims Submissions. High aptitude to learn new programs, system integrations, and business processes.
- Experience in CPT and ICD-10 coding; familiarity with medical terminology.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to manage relationships with various Insurance payers.
- Experience in filing claim appeals with insurance companies to ensure maximum entitled reimbursement.
- Ability to multi-task and work courteously and respectfully with fellow employees, clients and patients.
- Strong work ethic with proven track record of accuracy, dependability and consistency
- Must be able to think independently, have strong problem solving skills, and have a continuous improvement mentality.
- Team player, ability to gain the cooperation of others in pursuit of company goals. •
In return, we offer you
An opportunity to work for a company, Philips Lifeline that provides a service for many that enables them to have emergency help either from their phone or at home. We offer YOU the employee benefits that start on the first day of work with NO waiting period. Blue Cross Health plans, Delta dental, 3 weeks' vacation and 401K
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It's a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum . Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.
To find out more about what it's like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog . Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process , or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions .
Philips is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, protected veteran or marital status.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it. In case of technical difficulties, please send an email to email@example.com .
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)
Meet Some of Philips's Employees
Software Engineer—Cambridge, MA
Ankita works with the Innovation Group to develop software which assists Philips customers, improving the day-to-day workflows of clinicians so that they can concentrate on their patients.
Back to top