Job TitleMechanical Designer
This position holder will provide mechanical design solutions identified in reliability improvement projects.
- Mechanical design of parts and assemblies subject to specifications on the following criteria: manufacturability, customer requirements, aesthetic value, patient safety, cost, reliability.
- Conducting feasibility studies and testing on new and modified designs.
- Directing support personnel in the preparation of detailed design documentation, design testing, and prototype fabrication.
- Documentation of mechanical parts and assemblies in accordance with company documentation procedures and specifications.
- Procurement of parts and assemblies in a timely manner in accordance with project schedules through communication with vendors and the proper purchasing personnel.
- Communication with other project team engineers to ensure product assembly meets desired expectations.
- Verification and Validation of parts and assemblies to the applicable quality and reliability standards.
- Improving coil reliability and perform all required testing in accordance to MDD, UL, and IEC.
- Simulating and testing materials and designs to ensure patent safety and compliance to current regulations.
- Incorporating cost savings and simplified designs, as required.
- Incorporating DFM and modular designs, as required.
- Supporting assigned project from prototyping to production.
- Modifying native documents in AutoCad, SolidWorks, etc, as requested by reliability improvement project leaders.
We have a dynamic and rewarding career opportunity for Mechanical Designer in Gainesville, FL.
Invivo Corporation, a subsidiary of Philips Healthcare and world leader in MRI coils and related accessories, is looking to expand its Gainesville, FL team. Our vision is to deliver clinical solutions to our customers, whether indirectly through Original Equipment Manufacturers of MRI scanners, or directly to clinical MRI users. Our history is grounded in the expert development of MRI coils and more recently in the development of integrated clinical solutions like Functional MRI and the DynaCAD breast imaging system. Research and advanced development are at the core of the future of the MRI field and are a key part of Invivo’s strategy for growth
At Philips, we are driven by our mission to improve the lives of 3 billion people per year by 2025, and every day we move closer to achieving our goal by creating cutting-edge solutions that lead to confident diagnosis, improved care, and increased quality of life for patients. Thanks to our employees who share our passion for improving lives, we are at the forefront of the Healthcare industry leading in image guided interventions, ultrasound, patient monitoring, cardiology informatics, sleep therapy and respiratory care.
Named one of the Top 50 Happiest Companies in America in 2013, we enable our employees to create a legacy in life through their work and support their development through people-centric learning, total rewards and personalized development planning programs.
- Above average knowledge of all tools, measurement and testing devices (including analyzers) required for fabrication of mechanical and electro-mechanical devices and systems.
- Advanced understanding of provided computer software to design and evaluate devices.
- Ability to lead small sustainability projects
- Associate’s/Bachelor’s degree
- 3 to 5 years of related experience in sustainability
Philips is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, protected veteran or marital status.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans’ Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
In case of difficulties with your job application please send an email to [email protected]
Back to top