Mechanical Design Engineer
Job TitleMechanical Design Engineer
Senior Mechanical Design Engineer
We challenge you to the role of Senior Mechanical Design Engineer within Philips Emergency Care & Resuscitation Business Unit. In this role, you will organize, prioritize, and drive multiple small to medium scale projects touching the full vertical of product release for the Released Product Engineering team. Projects span the gamut of continuous improvement to parts obsolescence to accessory development and enhancement. This role is essential to keeping the business moving and there is a constant stream of projects in all phases of implementation. Bring your enthusiasm, energy, positive attitude and meticulous drive to bear for the betterment of the patients of Philips.
Perform, own and improve the way we:
- Establish and modify mechanical requirements of devices based on regulatory standards and customer requirements
- Participate as part of a team or as an individual contributor on mechanical design tasks.
- Ensure that all new mechanical designs can be efficiently manufactured and assembled
- Maintain and improve existing designs to assist in manufacturability, reduce cost, and improve quality.
- Perform analyses and apply problem solving techniques in order to develop creative, innovative solutions to mechanical design problems
- Interface with other engineering teams as needed and work with groups outside of engineering including suppliers of materials, contractors, manufacturing, sourcing, quality and service in order to fulfill project needs.
The Released Product Engineering team is part of Therapeutic Care’s BLS/Consumer AED R&D team in Bothell. We support all released product changes ranging from AED design changes to accessory label changes. Our team handles post release design changes, identifies component improvement opportunities, and supports R&D. This team is always in high demand as we provide needed support to keep the released product pipeline moving.
- Work cross-functionally with all aspects of the product and with a cross-functional team members
- Ample opportunity to learn new things and make real visible improvements to the way we do work… and the credit that follows!
We are looking for
- A positive attitude and attention to detail
- The ability to ask questions to ensure we have thought all the way through the challenge
- Mechanical design/test background a plus
- Great interpersonal skills with a high level of integrity, giving credit where due
- Desire to grow ability and knowledge and provide improved methods of doing work
- BS degree in Mechanical Engineering
- 5+ years of mechanical design experience
- Experience with CAD tools (Solidworks preferred)
- Good understanding of DfM/DfA, FMEA, FEA
- Good understanding of product development life cycle – requirement management and test case management
- Good trouble shooting, communication, and coordination skills
- Experience in designing for plastic injection molding
- Medical device industry experience
- Experience with bio-compatibility requirements
- Electronics packaging and battery powered device development experience
- Experience with a variety of manufacturing processes; including sheet metal, machining, casting, etc.
Call to Action / Contact
Find out more info about Philips at www.philips.com/na/careers.
Philips is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, protected veteran or marital status.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans’ Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
In case of difficulties with your job application please send an email to [email protected]
Meet Some of Philips's Employees
Jose engineers the specific system level requirements for the Philips Sonicare oral healthcare products. He makes certain the detailed design of each device over-delivers on customer expectations every time.
Back to top