Mechanical Design Engineer 2
Mechanical Design Engineer 2
In this role, you have the opportunity to
Design and analyze mechanical systems, equipment and packaging. Conduct feasibility studies and testing on new and modified designs. Provide design information to drafting for packaging documentation systems in Philips Invivo Diagnostic Imaging business.
You are responsible for
- Performs state-of-the-art product development activities, including drawing board layout and interpretation, and implementation of customer specifications.
- Support production and service with technical assistance to mechanically related issues.
- Engineering support for MRB, CAPA and OEM relations.
- Assignments require the frequent use of initiative and personal judgment
- Work with other engineering teams to ensure an adequate mechanical housing is created.
- Assist the engineering department in problem-solving related to mechanical engineering matters.
- May promote, educate and train proper engineering and scientific practice throughout the department.
- May select components and/or equipment based on analysis of specifications and reliability.
- May review vendor capability to support product development.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- BA/BS in Mechanical or Biomedical engineering
- Special licensing may be required
- 5 or more years of experience in related fields.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It's a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum . Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways. Learn more by watching this video .
To find out more about what it's like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog . Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process , or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions .
Philips is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, protected veteran or marital status.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it. In case of technical difficulties, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org .
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)
Back to top