- Gainesville, FL
In this role as a Material Handler
you have the opportunity to perform the physical and administrative tasks involved in the shipping, receiving, storing and distributing of materials, parts, supplies and equipment for our stockroom and packaging areas. This position is on our 2nd shift, 3:30pm to 12:00am.
You are responsible for:
- Maintenance of files, logs, and records of packing lists, receiving inspections, and other related documentation.
- Material handling of raw materials, completed assemblies, and finished product within a light assembly manufacturing facility.
- Input and extraction of information from ERP computer system.
- Application of sound judgment to make decisions concerning correctly pulling parts kits, storing inventory, bin identification, and packaging of finished goods.
- Distribution of materials into kits for assembly operations, pulling and delivery of materials to internal customers in a timely fashion including engineering, service and production departments.
- Daily receiving, inspection of incoming material, and storage of raw materials.
- Final packaging of finished products.
- Maintenance and storage of materials in an accurate, safe, and organized manner.
- Active participation in cycle counting and physical inventory processes.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
You are a part of
You will be a part of our fast-paced team of Material Handlers who are crucial to the success of our business operations.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- High school education or equivalent
- Ability to lift boxes up to 50 lbs.
- Requires excellent oral and written communications skills, above average comprehension skills, knowledge of above average mathematical principals and computer/data entry skills.
- Requires above average understanding of purchasing, manufacturing, and accounting principles.
- Ability to coordinate and prioritize multiple assignments.
- Ability to learn and effectively utilize company provided software for the management of materials within manufacturing facility including, tracking purchases, receipt of materials, and return or replacement items.
- Effective time management skills.
- Ability to follow established departmental policies, procedures, objectives, continuous quality improvement objectives, safety, environmental, and/or infection control standards.
It is the policy of Philips to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to age, color, citizenship, disability or perceived disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital or domestic partner status, military or veteran status, national origin, pregnancy/childbirth, race, religion, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws. Philips is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223 , option 5, for assistance.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it.
If you have any other questions regarding the recruitment process please refer to our FAQs . In case of technical difficulties with the website, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org .
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox . Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)
Back to top