Marketing Leader, Home Monitoring
Job TitleMarketing Leader, Home Monitoring
Marketing Leader, Home Monitoring Business
Leads the Business Unit product and segment marketing strategy & planning process, define and realize a global marketing strategy and policy for the business unit, such that the budgeted targets, as subscribers, revenue, and profit, can be realized with and through the defined sales channels. Leads the marketing team and member of the BU management team. Directly reports to the General Manager of the BU.
- Leader of Home Monitoring Marketing team based largely in Framingham, MA
- Member of Home Monitoring Executive Leadership Team
- Member of Population Health Business Group responsible for working with other Marketing leaders in other businesses to define and enable integrated, differentiation strategies, products and offers
- Philips support resources that you can leverage to support your efforts including Public Relations, Market Intelligence, Strategy, M&A, Brand, Communications and Digital, Business Transformation resources
- Define the global solution and service marketing strategy in order to achieve sustainable product differentiation, market leadership, market responsiveness and long term profitable growth, in sync with internal key stakeholders
- This includes reinventing the category and evolving the Lifeline brand and product and service portfolio from medical alert and personal emergency response to aging well services and solutions that enable seniors to live well and independently
- Build the customer segmentation strategy to meet the evolving and growing market opportunities globally that includes sizing, understanding and defining customer needs, the existing and emerging competition, unmet needs and market opportunity, and segment priorities. Current segments include seniors (65+), caregivers, clinicians, home health care providers, state government agencies, and emerging segments include payors, insurance providers, at risk organizations, and employers. Critical is defining and understanding segment priorities, how to best reach them and developing go to market strategies for the various segments
- Participating with leadership team in developing the 3 year strategic plan of record and the annual operating plan
- Develop, with the different channels, strategic and detailed plans to profitably increase market penetration and market share through market analysis, competitive intelligence and customer touches. This includes digital channels, field sales channels, retail channels, partnerships.
- Work to fully develop value propositions, offers, bundles, messaging, reasons to believe that are appropriate for each segment.
- Develop the playbook including core marketing messages, positioning strategies, competitive comparisons, rebuttals, to drive awareness, interest, sales, engagement and retention, loyalty and satisfaction
- Develop and maintain and publish an integrated marketing calendar that leverages product launches, industry events and market opportunities such as caregiver month, falls prevention day, etc.
- Develop marketing campaigns and initiatives to deliver against awareness, sales, revenue, share and cost/acquisition objectives
- Formulate and execute short-term and long-term solution and service marketing strategies, working closely with sales, PR, PMO, service and operations, marketing/advertising agencies, digital channels, partnership channels, etc., to ensure seamless and effective execution to meet growth, cost/acquisition objectives; drive solution development strategy consistent with evolving customer needs, while creating an edge vs. competitive offerings
- Represent the voice of the customer. Plan, build and maintain relations with the sales channels and key customers, Key Opinion Leaders and key users in order to stay connected to the developments and trends in the market, find new product/market Opportunities. This includes partner and consumer advisory boards and panels
- Closely work with the adjacent businesses to seek for relevant marketing synergies and opportunities and to fully realize the vision of Connected Care, Health Informatics, Population Health and Aging Well within Philips to make a difference in people’s lives with meaningful innovation through continuous health
- Work with business development and sales to support key strategic deals, leverage PR opportunities while proactively driving business performance through ad-hoc promotions and price setting/management in the different regions.
- Define the marketing communication plan, budget and external agencies.
- Develop, deliver, execute and track marketing campaigns to drive awareness, interest, and sales. Successfully introduce and promote solutions and compete with the competitive offerings. Currently this includes digital marketing, social media, email campaigns, direct mail, print, TV, partnerships and retail channels
- Work with reporting team, operations team, R&D team to ensure effective forecast, tracking and front line execution using CRM tools and business intelligence tools. Support the lead management, campaign management and sales execution operational process performance
- Support the Product and Service Creation (and Idea to Market) Processes by representing the voice of the customer with market intelligence, qualitative and quantitative market research, definition of commercial requirement specifications and product specifications as input to the product management, Research & Development and Program Management Office (PMO) team. Provide input on the prioritization of initiatives by estimating and sizing business benefits including growth, share of wallet and average revenue per user, cost/acquisition, churn, loyalty, assumptions. The goal is to understand and seize market opportunities to deliver new services and solutions in an agile, responsive way
- Sales Support. Develop and execute sales support plans in cooperation with the sales channels and key markets in order to maximize the support to the sales process, set prices and product positioning, and, to deliver sales training and sales support.
- Lead, Inspire, support and develop the marketing team. Provide excellent people leadership and organizational capability development by attracting, retaining and motivating talented people, including development plans and active coaching within the organization. Manage performance and non-performance. Evolve the organization and its organizational capability for the future bringing in appropriate knowledge to address the payer, employer, retail and digital channels
We are looking for
- 15+ years of experience in marketing leadership roles
- Business degree (MBA/ Marketing management preference)
- Experience in developing, leading and executing a marketing strategy of a company/ BU with a can-do, roll up the sleeves operating style
- Ability to synthesize market and customer feedback and existing and new products into solutions
- Breadth of experience in executing targeted marketing campaigns – digital, retail, email, TV, print, partnerships, direct mail, events, etc.
- Comfortable with making tradeoffs, prioritizing, and acting decisively
- Great communications and relationship building skills
- Excellent customer facing and presentation skills
- Must have knowledge in US market, global market knowledge a plus
- Experience in building and evolving and organization and creating a great place to work environment
Experience in medical companies/healthcare. Expertise in both consumer and business segment marketing. Understanding of the evolving dynamics of healthcare and consumer marketing (digital, key opinion leaders, key trade shows…). Someone with knowledge of geriatrics and senior needs.
Philips is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, protected veteran or marital status.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans’ Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
In case of difficulties with your job application please send an email to [email protected]
Meet Some of Philips's Employees
Jose engineers the specific system level requirements for the Philips Sonicare oral healthcare products. He makes certain the detailed design of each device over-delivers on customer expectations every time.
Back to top