Market Procurement - Sr Manager Building Works
Job TitleMarket Procurement - Sr Manager Building Works
In this role, you have the opportunity to
Drive regional strategies in the North American market and will lead major initiatives in close collaboration with the Global Commodity Manager Building Works and procurement colleagues in the local markets.
Are you a procurement professional with expertise in (healthcare) construction? Are you ready to make your next step and join the innovative environment of Philips?
The commodity of Building Works focuses on the procurement and delivery of construction and building services in order to deliver turnkey hospital imaging rooms.
Your objective is to create transparency, both in Business needs and in Suppliers offerings. Vigorously look for opportunities to standardize and innovate current solutions and ways of working and secure lowest total cost by developing and deploying sourcing strategies.
The value of the intended procurement portfolio is between 25 and 35 million Dollars.
- Aggressively decrease cost through deep analysis, cost modelling and evaluation of supplier offerings, new solutions, products, vendors and market development.
- Co-develop and execute commodity strategies together with your cross functional partners in the areas of sales, project management and finance.
- Lead, develop, assign, and monitor sourcing projects, including responsibility for (local) negotiation, reporting, agreed savings and (cost) budgets.
- Define and execute project/contract roll-outs in coordination with stakeholders in the markets.
- Establish programs for developing: Supplier relationships, Negotiations, Performance Measurement/Feedback.
- Develop and maintain appropriate linkages with development, finance and service within various categories to ensure successful execution of strategies.
- Works closely with the Global commodity manager Building Works and other relevant stakeholders.
- Challenge ways of working and drive change to enable cost savings both internally and with suppliers.
You are a part of
North American Services & Solutions (S&S) Procurement team for 3rd party products and services. These products and services are sold to care providers together with our Philips imaging systems. The team consists of specialized Market Procurement Specialists that work closely together with business units and commercial organizations to manage the sourcing process and drive savings. Preferred location is Andover, MA and you will report to the North American Market Procurement leader.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- Bachelor's or master's degree in a relevant discipline
- Approximately 5-7 years of relevant working experience
- Combination of experience in procurement with construction management
- Strong drive for results and willingness to work towards targets
- Bring technical and/or market knowledge from external sources and incorporate those ideas into procurement
- Able to balance the needs of multiple customers
- Lead the development of effective networks of internal customers, and suppliers
- In depth knowledge of the procurement area, commodity strategies, goals and objectives
- Experience in managing the total relationship with the assigned suppliers in order to provide optimal cost, technology, availability and quality of components/sub-assemblies and their impact on finished products
In return, we offer you
We welcome you to a challenging, innovative environment with great opportunities for you to explore.
- 3 weeks' Vacation, 11 paid Holidays, 8 Sick days that can be rolled over
- A variable bonus based on both Philips results and personal performance
- Solid company 401(k) and attractive collective health insurance package
- Opportunity to buy Philips shares and products with discount
- Healthy work-life balance
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It's a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways. Learn more by watching this video.
To find out more about what it's like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.
Philips is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, protected veteran or marital status.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it. In case of technical difficulties, please send an email to [email protected]
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)
Meet Some of Philips's Employees
Jose engineers the specific system level requirements for the Philips Sonicare oral healthcare products. He makes certain the detailed design of each device over-delivers on customer expectations every time.
Back to top