Market Procurement Specialist
- Nashville, TN
Market Procurement Specialist
In this role, you have the opportunity to...
Manage the strong relationship with local stakeholders and provide them the procurement expertise, using thorough understanding of Commodity Strategies, local market knowledge and supplier innovation, and thereby support business in order to bring them the most efficient and cost effective solution. Ensure all process compliances with local market statutory requirements, and procurement KPIs are met.
You are responsible for (but not limited to)
- Being an integrated business partner by fully understanding the business requirements and provide the best solution to the demand side. Needs to be agile and quick learner of new technologies or best practices in your respective fields and focuses on continuous improvement (lean).
- Responsible for identification and implementation of strategic sourcing initiatives in the local market through the development of internal and external intelligence such as best industry practices, supplier capabilities and capacities, emerging trends and technologies, and regulatory issues.
- Drive all procurement and sourcing activities for all the assigned commodities / supply-base, in line with the global and local procurement strategies for the market.
- Driving sourcing innovation by best in class negotiation strategies and contract management
- Drive supply base management which includes supplier classification, risk management and compliance (Statutory, Fiscal, SOX, Internal Control etc.) of all potentially "high risk" vendors and transactions in your respective commodities / supply-base.
- Drive business value by impacting quality, time to market, supplier innovation and cost efficiency
- Continuously develop, deploy, and manage the strong supply-base, comprising of global strategic and local preferred partners, and supplier relationships for the market needs.
- Drive increased efficiency throughout the domain by reducing costs, risk, and/or enhancing value from suppliers.
- Conduct bidding and negotiations (RFX/e-Sourcing) with suppliers to reduce cost and ensure an open, transparent, and objective process is used to award contracts.
- Conduct periodic supplier evaluation in your area, along with your demand side, to ensure they are providing the goods and/or services for which they are contracted, and as per the defined terms & conditions of the contract.
- Perform periodic audit (or lead audits conducted by third party auditors) of the top / high-risk suppliers and provide guidance to the suppliers on Philips principles (GBP), policies and processes and maintain procurement ethics.
Supply market development
- Being an expert in local requirements (legislation, culture, supply base) and make sure it is applied
- Participates in the development & deployment of the Philips Procurement policies and guidelines
- Actively aligns and safeguards commodity strategies within projects
- Proposes optimization initiatives for supply chain management processes
You are a part of a team
That is revolutionizing the future of healthcare by developing connected solutions having a positive impact on people's health and lives
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- Bachelors Degree Preferred
- A minimum 2 years' experience in customer oriented projects
- An expert in Excel
- Margin understanding on 3rd Party,
- Spend management variable for each BMC/F
- Complex analytics of Customer service data (Installed base, density map, heatmap,..)
- Broad knowledge of Procurement
- Awareness of sales processes
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to implement supply solutions / strategies in practical implementation
- Skills in project procurement
- Strategic thinking and insight
In return, we offer you
We offer you a dynamic working environment in an innovative business, which offers you excellent opportunities to further develop and fully exploit your talents. This job comes with a competitive salary, excellent benefits and up-to-date training.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It's a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum . Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.
To find out more about what it's like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog . Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process , or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions .
It is the policy of Philips to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to age, color, citizenship, disability or perceived disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital or domestic partner status, military or veteran status, national origin, pregnancy/childbirth, race, religion, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws. Philips is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it.
If you have any other questions regarding the recruitment process please refer to our FAQs . In case of technical difficulties with the website, please send an email to email@example.com .
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox . Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)
Back to top