Market Procurement Senior Manager
Job TitleMarket Procurement Senior Manager
In this role
As a Market Procurement Manager you will be providing expertise to ensure services or products are delivered with the required level of quality, on-time and against competitive pricing, maximizing the leverage and revenue for Philips, so the organization can benefit from economies of scale in spend management, while ensuring quality and timeliness of delivery.
- Acts as a single point of contact towards the sales / project team to establish procurement related needs and requirements.
- Scopes out the 3rd party products and service requirements from the initial customer bidding through implementation and life cycle management phase.
- Leads the development & implementation of an integrated set of procurement actions that anticipate on the needs of the project, within the procurement market strategy.
- Achieves maximum performance (leverage) by actively using the sourcing network, respectively by bringing local requirements into the commodity team in order to initiate improvements to the procurement strategy.
- Responsible for all procurement activities for all assigned Business Market Combinations.
- Participates in selected customer meetings including 3rd party content.
- Monitors main outsourced products and services in order to improve efficiency, revenue and reduce total costs.
- Provides regular reports to the demand side that brings visibility on value add and compliance. Identifies, qualifies, ranks and selects appropriate suppliers including adequate involvement business/commodity entities and according to RFX.
- Continuously optimizes the supply base (quality and number) on responsible sites and works towards total cost of ownership.
- Develops supplier partnership at local and sometimes regional level.
- Manages the 3rd party scoping, vendor evaluation, selection and request for quotation process to support the project team in the tender phase/quote phase (early involvement), considering, costs, quality, installation, training, warranty, lifetime service costs, speed, etc.
- Monitors and analyzes supplier performance, following/using supplier performance feedback programs. Maintains and/or develops supplier relationships to ensure partnership. Leads the negotiations and the process with suppliers where local solutions are required ensuring lowest total cost of ownership to contribute to the profitability objectives for projects in the markets.
- Ensures cost control, flexibility, quality, delivery and long-term assurance of procurement objectives within the supply base are established and achieved.
- Secures compliancy of the supply base to Philips policies and carries out relevant risk management assessments. Acts as expert in local requirements (legislation, culture) and make sure it is applied. Participates in the development & deployment of the Philips Procurement policies.
- Actively aligns and safeguards commodity strategies within projects.
- Proposes optimization initiatives for supply chain management processes.
- Performs on local or regional level benchmarks to (ultimately) plan and optimize the best possible procurement activity and business plan. This is also used to determine possibilities for creating synergies across internal businesses or processes.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- 7-10 years of experience in the Purchasing/Procurement field preferably in medical equipment and with a minimum of two years of commodity management experience.
- Strong and effective communicator who is capable of interfacing with various levels in an organization.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Interpersonal communication skills and consultative selling acumen are important characteristics
- Bachelor degree in Business or Engineering
- Continues Improvement ( i.e. Greenbelt/Blackbelt) experience is a plus
- Proven ability to build and maintain effective working relationships across functions and organizations, especially with Project Managers/Sales.
In return, we offer you
Philips (NYSE: PHG, AEX: PHIA) is a leading health technology company focused on improving people's health and enabling better outcomes across the health continuum from healthy living and prevention, to diagnosis, treatment and home care. Philips leverages advanced technology and deep clinical and consumer insights to deliver integrated solutions. The company is a leader in diagnostic imaging, image-guided therapy, patient monitoring and health informatics, as well as in consumer health and home care.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It's a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways. Learn more by watching this video.
To find out more about what it's like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.
Philips is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, protected veteran or marital status.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it. In case of technical difficulties, please send an email to [email protected]
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)
Meet Some of Philips's Employees
Sr. Digital Marketing Manager
Grant markets the sophisticated Philips Sonicare oral healthcare products. He helps customers find the best oral hygiene routine and creates meaningful consumer experiences, from launch to purchase.
Back to top