Manufacturing Test Engineer
Job TitleManufacturing Test Engineer
Manufacturing Test Development Engineer
Here at Philips we are working together for a better tomorrow. Philips’ dedication to enriching lives is reflected in our company, our solutions, and a commitment to our people. Philips products lead to improved healthcare, faster diagnosis and better patient outcomes. Philips employees change lives every day.
Thanks to our employees, we are at the forefront of the Healthcare industry. Healthcare providers, backed by our many market leading solutions, are able to diagnose confidently, improve care, and increase the quality of life for patients across North America each and every day.
Advance your career in an environment that supports work-life balance, health & well-being and continuous learning. Making a difference begins right here, where you come first. Find out more info about Philips at www.philips.com/na/
As Manufacturing Test Development Engineer you will work with product design engineering and manufacturing to develop, review, analyze, and validate test systems used in manufacturing of Philips Defibrillators and related accessories. You will also lead and/or work with a team to improve and streamline production lines.
- Lead development of test cases for device as well as unit level function and performance testing
- Work with product development teams to deliver the product testing framework design and to develop the test cases to ensure 100% result correlation with the design requirements
- Develop and document test system validation strategies (IQ/OQ/PQ)
- Produce results in all facets of production – NPI, design, support, and troubleshooting
- Work with Contract Suppliers of Test equipment
We are looking for:
- BS/MS Electrical Engineering or closely-related discipline
- Cross functional experience in production (NPI, design, support, and troubleshooting)
- Five or more years engineering experience in a highly regulated environment (FDA, FAA, etc.). Understanding of equipment validation.
- Test hardware design and development;
Demonstrated knowledge of measurement methods, theory, and industry standardized tests (IEEE, 3GPP, ANSI, ISO etc. Familiar with using data networking protocols such as TCP/IP, Ethernet, Bluetooth communication etc. Experience with using PXI and VXI for auto-system control
- Software programming;
Experience in using LabView/TestStand, Labwindow, Python, C or similar commercial software tools.
- Test System Design and Validation
Lead development of test cases for device as well as unit level function and performance testing. Work with product development teams to deliver the product testing framework design and to develop the test cases to ensure 100% result correlation with the design requirements. Develop and document test system validation strategies (IQ/OQ/PQ)
- Project management skills with the ability to work with Contract Suppliers of Test equipment
- Experience or knowledge working in a manufacturing environment
- Proficient in circuit design, schematics and layout tools
- Experience with LabVIEW software programming
- Familiarity with Solidworks or other 3D modeling tools is a plus
- Design for Manufacturing (DFM), Assembly (DFA), and Test (DFT)
- Knowledge of Test Method Validation, Design of Experiment (DoE)
- Leadership skills with ability to complete a project & lead a team
- Able to effectively write procedures and reports
Philips is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, protected veteran or marital status.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans’ Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
In case of difficulties with your job application please send an email to [email protected]
Back to top