Manufacturing Supervisor (1st Shift)
Manufacturing Supervisor (1st Shift)
In this role, you have the opportunity to
Sharpen your talents with new challenges in our dynamic organization. As a market-driven company, we're used to listening to our customers & apply the same thinking to our employees. We offer a competitive salary, outstanding benefits and flexibility in a career with a positive and supportive atmosphere in which to develop your talents further.
This first shift position will have direct responsibility for leading production and coordinating the materials supply chain and finished goods inventory processes for multiple devices and support products to satisfy customer demand. The incumbent has direct supervisory responsibility for first shift direct labor and 1-3 manufacturing specialists. The incumbent is also accountable for maintaining quality system compliance. The primary internal customers of this position are the leaders within the RIST Operations organization as well as the global Philips Respironics distribution network.
You are responsible for
- Develop and execute a demand-based manufacturing strategy which supports high customer satisfaction while balancing raw material and finished goods inventory levels
- Coordinate activities of QC Technicians, Buyers, Product Engineers, and Process Engineers as their functions impact the team's area of responsibility
- Direct multi-departmental resources for projects which may include cost reductions, manufacturing process improvements, and corrective action investigations/ implementations
- Identify, develop and implement operational and technical strategies to continuously improve the effectiveness of the manufacturing process to achieve benchmark-class standards
- Be responsible for developing, implementing, and trending process metrics to continuously monitor and improve the manufacturing process
- Be responsible for leading and personal development of the production team including direct labor, production specialists with respect to training, performance management, salary administration, overtime authorization, hiring, firing, administering disciplinary action, and application of organizational policies
- Make staffing recommendations and implementing staffing plans along with providing input to and operating within the departmental budget
- Ensure regulatory compliance while promoting safe working methods and a safe environment
- Contribute to and execute upon capacity studies to ensure high levels of product availability
- Behaviors: The successful candidate will demonstrate:
- Market foresight, learning agility and teaming (RI key competencies)
- Leadership and staff development
- Conflict management
- Customer relations and teamwork
- Interpersonal and influencing skills (across organizational levels)
- Innovation and change
- Planning and organization
- Judgment and decision making
- Strategic thinking skills
- Continuous Improvement
- Growth: The successful candidate will:
- Define with their manager goals for personal and professional development.
- Take accountability to execute their personal development plan to grow within current role and prepare for future role.
You are a part of
At Philips Home Healthcare we are passionate about improving quality of life with solutions designed around the needs of customers and their patients. Innovation is driven by gaining insight to the needs of the people who use our sleep, oxygen, ventilation and respiratory drug delivery products. This tradition of innovation combined with our ability to anticipate market needs has made Philips Home Healthcare a global leader in the markets we serve.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- BS degree in business or technical field related to logistics or manufacturing or equivalent work experience
- Minimum 3 years proven supervisory experience in logistics, manufacturing or distribution-related environment.
- Demonstrated leadership experience, particularly in the area of taking the lead role in solving multi-disciplinary operational issues is required. Experience in a regulated manufacturing environment, preferred.
- Experience in an ERP environment is a plus.
- Ability to work independently and complete multiple assignments on time is required.
- Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Certification as a Six Sigma Green Belt, preferred. Experience working and/or leading within a demand based manufacturing environment, required.
In return, we offer you
A career at Philips Healthcare affords you the opportunity to make a meaningful difference in the lives of real people by succeeding at real challenges. As a people-centric business, you'll be challenged to understand their needs, the way they feel, and what it takes to improve the well-being of individuals and families from coast to coast
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It's a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum . Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.
To find out more about what it's like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog . Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process , or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions .
It is the policy of Philips to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without to age, color, citizenship, disability or perceived disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital or domestic partner status, military or veteran status, national origin, pregnancy/childbirth, race, religion, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws. Philips is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it.
If you have any other questions regarding the recruitment process please refer to our FAQs . In case of technical difficulties with the website, please send an email to email@example.com .
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox . Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)
Back to top