Manufacturing Supervisor 1
Job TitleManufacturing Supervisor 1
Philips is a diversified technology company, focused on improving people’s lives through meaningful innovation. With a century of history and more than 450 innovative products and services, we are ready to meet today’s challenges in healthcare by creating solutions that deliver better care to more people at lower cost.
Philips Respironics is a global leader in the sleep and respiratory markets, we’re passionate about providing solutions that lead to healthier patients, practices, and businesses. For us, innovation in sleep apnea management, oxygen therapy, noninvasive ventilation, and respiratory drug delivery is driven by gaining insight into the needs of our customers.
As Manufacturing Supervisor for the second shift (2:45 to 10:45 p.m. Monday-Friday) will have direct responsibility for leading production and coordinating the materials supply chain and finished goods inventory processes for multiple devices and support products to satisfy customer demand. You will have direct supervisory responsibility for second shift direct labor and 1-3 manufacturing specialists. You will also be accountable for maintaining quality system compliance. The primary internal customers of this position are the leaders within the RIST Operations organization as well as the global Philips Respironics distribution network.
- Develop and execute a demand-based manufacturing strategy which supports high customer satisfaction while balancing raw material and finished goods inventory levels
- Coordinate activities of QC Technicians, Buyers, Product Engineers, and Process Engineers as their functions impact the team’s area of responsibility
- Direct multi-departmental resources for projects which may include cost reductions, manufacturing process improvements, and corrective action investigations/ implementations
- Identify, develop and implement operational and technical strategies to continuously improve the effectiveness of the manufacturing process to achieve benchmark-class standards
- Be responsible for developing, implementing, and trending process metrics to continuously monitor and improve the manufacturing process
- Be responsible for leading and personal development of the production team including direct labor, production specialists with respect to training, performance management, salary administration, overtime authorization, hiring, firing, administering disciplinary action, and application of organizational policies
- Make staffing recommendations and implementing staffing plans along with providing input to and operating within the departmental budget
- Ensure regulatory compliance while promoting safe working methods and a safe environment
- Contribute to and execute upon capacity studies to ensure high levels of product availability
We are looking for a candidate who demonstrates:
- Market foresight, learning agility and teaming (RI key competencies)
- Leadership and staff development skills
- Conflict management skills
- Customer relations and teamwork skills
- Interpersonal and influencing skills (across organizational levels)
- Innovation and change mindset
- Planning and organization skills
- Strategic thinking skills
- Continuous Improvement
At Philips Sleep & Respiratory Care we are passionate about improving quality of life with solutions designed around the needs of customers and their patients. Innovation is driven by gaining insight to the needs of the people who use our sleep, oxygen, ventilation and respiratory drug delivery products. This tradition of innovation combined with our ability to anticipate market needs has made Philips Home Healthcare a global leader in the markets we serve.
We are looking for
- B.S. degree in business or technical field related to logistics or manufacturing or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum 3 years proven supervisory experience in logistics, manufacturing or distribution-related environment. Demonstrated leadership experience, particularly in the area of taking the lead role in solving multi-disciplinary operational issues is required.
- Experience in a regulated manufacturing environment, preferred. Experience in an ERP environment is a plus. Ability to work independently and complete multiple assignments on time is required.
- Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills. Certification as a Six Sigma Green Belt, preferred.
- Experience working and/or leading within a demand based manufacturing environment, required.
Ready to start improving lives by putting your personal skills & passions to work? Apply Today! Not yet ready to apply? That’s okay! Learn more about us by joining our Talent Network on LinkedIn or following us on Twitter at @PhilipsJobsNA.
Philips is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, protected veteran or marital status.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans’ Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
In case of difficulties with your job application please send an email to [email protected]
Meet Some of Philips's Employees
Jose engineers the specific system level requirements for the Philips Sonicare oral healthcare products. He makes certain the detailed design of each device over-delivers on customer expectations every time.
Back to top