In this role, you have the opportunity to
Serve as a production leader for operational objectives in building and sustaining a world class operations team.
You are responsible for
- Managing, mostly via Group Leaders, a production unit and its related processes and staff to deliver products against lowest cost, according to planning and quality requirements.
- Defining the short-term manufacturing policy within the constraints of the industrial strategy. Planning supply of materials.
- Managing installation of production equipment. Checking production results and using them with regard to production scheduling.
- Supervising, selecting, developing, coaching and evaluating personnel to ensure the efficient manufacturing.
- Defining the short-term manufacturing policy within the constraints of the industrial strategy and planning supply of materials.
- Completing all required reports in a timely and accurate manner.
- Attaining production goals for the highest quality product on schedule and within stated budget.
- Establishing and maintaining a safe, clean and well-organized work environment.
- Interacting with other departments to obtain required support and fostering an atmosphere of teamwork.
- Implementing cost reduction and safety procedures to insure quality and quantity production output.
- Being familiar with all pertinent procedures, policies and directives.
- Keeping management informed on any production issues that may impact on the production schedule.
- Ensuring proper parts control and processing to maintain an accurate parts inventory, with minimal cycle count variances.
- Maintaining accurate and current training records on department teammates.
You are a part of
Our production unit based in Gainesville, FL that is delivering lifesaving products around the globe!
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- 5+ years relevant management and supervisory experience
- BS Degree in Technology or Management
- Experience in Medical Device industry or experience in a highly regulated manufacturing environment
- Ability to work in conditions normal for a manufacturing environment
- Familiarity with LEAN practices and processes i.e. 6S / problem solving / process improvement / daily management/ Takt time / one piece flow / standard work etc.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It's a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum . Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.
To find out more about what it's like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog . Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process , or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions .
Philips is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, protected veteran or marital status.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it. In case of technical difficulties, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org .
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)
Back to top