Manufacturing Finance Manager / Site Controller Ontario, Finance BG Health & Wellness
Job TitleManufacturing Finance Manager / Site Controller Ontario, Finance BG Health & Wellness
Manage the Ontario factory (CA) and drive factory productivity and effectiveness of POHC/whitening portfolio and support strategic decisions in the factory as well as POHC supply chain (FCPs and CapEx) by means of sound business analysis (bus. modeling, opportunity & risk assessments, scenario analysis, etc.) and an “outside in” focus and second hand toward factory leader.
- Drives and executes organizational and performance improvements by means of a convincing strategically aligned and solid factual plan as well as an understanding manufacturing process and POHC supply chain control.
- Monitors the financial performance of the POHC/whitening factory product families. Identifies risks and opportunities to current financial projections and takes corrective actions where needed (e.g., margin improvement) in factory environment as well as optimizing operational efficiencies via LEAN, DfX and supply chain opportunities.
- Coordinate and leads POHC/whitening factory Monthly Business Review Meeting, BSAR, RoFo and AOP reviews, reports and analysis across his/her factory.
- Oversee financial integration of PIL landscape in EFR and drive acquisition toward attainment of ROIC goals as identified in the RFA together with the POHC BU controller.
- Coordinate the ongoing compliance to Sox/ICS, independent review of the self-assessment and implementing new proposals to further strengthen compliance.
To drive and grow whitening business value, to set and achieve financial and factory targets and to participate in whitening factory MT to ensure financially sound decision making.
- To drive and control the financial business planning process: strategic review, budget, rolling forecasts, monthly performance reporting.
- To ensure appropriate business action & response to changes in financial results, cost engineering and optimize POHC supply chain flows.
- Execute the monthly UIP calculation for POHC Production (for US14 including M&CC) and Commercial Inventories based upon POHC bottom-up. Analyze the difference versus previous month and drives corrective action in case of anomalies of the pricing of Key Modules and/or Finished Goods.
- Lead Ontario productivity and ensuring that factories link operational and financial performance and fully understand key value drivers to drive continuous improvements.
- Establishes operational factory objectives and work plans, and delegates’ assignments to subordinates. Factory leader as well as POHC MT reviews objectives to determine success of operation. Involved in developing, modifying and executing company policies that affect immediate operations and may also have company-wide effect.
- Participates with other senior managers of POHC/whitening factory MT to establish strategic plans and objectives. Makes final decisions on administrative or operational matters of POHC/whitening factory and ensures effective achievement of objectives.
- The most senior level individual contributor next to the plant manager in the factory MT. Viewed as an expert by the company and in the field. Having broad expertise or unique knowledge, uses skills to contribute to development of company objectives and principles and to achieve goals in creative and effective ways. Has complete knowledge of all company products and services.
- Regularly interacts with executives and/or major external and internal stakeholders. Interactions frequently involve special skills, such as cost out negotiating or management or attempting to influence senior level leaders regarding matters of significance to the organization productivity and efficiency.
- Role based preferable out of Ontario, CA USA with necessity to be on site in POHC/whitening Bothell (WA; West Coast), at least 2-3 times a month.
- Typically requires a minimum of 8 years and a Master’s degree; or a PhD with 5 years’ experience.
We are looking for
- University degree in relevant field (business, finance, accounting, economics); Advanced degree preferred as well as proven IT skills (Excel, basic knowledge SAP/EFR)
- Progressive experience in similar position in a highly matrixed multinational.
- Advanced knowledge LEAN methodology (problem solving, Hoshin, CommCell)
- Progressive experience in business and staff management roles.
- Working experience with Philips CoE, Accounting Ops, POHC Leadership team
- Demonstrated experience with virtual teams, and management of cross functional teams.
- Deep understanding of finance, cost management, asset management, and business risk analysis
- Strong communication skills in order to communicate effectively with different layers of the organization.
Dimensions Relating to Problem Solving: Thinking Challenge & Complexity
- Works on complex issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth knowledge of the company. Participates in corporate development of methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for projects, programs, and people. Ensures budgets and schedules meet corporate requirements.
Dimensions Relating to Accountability: Freedom to Act, Magnitude, Decision Making
- Degree of responsibility for driving strategy and policy
- Business dimensions (size of business, # of product lines or business channels, business cycle, growth targets, # of business locations)
- Span of control and managerial responsibility
- Achieve financial targets of AOP / RoFo (CSG%, EBITA%, B-AWoCa and CapEx) of POHC as well as key KPI set for POHC/whitening factory
- No significant deficiencies in audits (Internal Audit, ICS/SOX)
- Directs and controls the activities of a broad functional area through several department managers within the company.
- Has overall control of planning, staffing, budgeting, managing expense priorities, and recommending and implementing changes to methods.
- Business magnitude: > € 100 M.
- Typically manages department budget > € 10 M.
At Philips, we are driven by our mission to improve the lives of 3 billion people per year by 2025, and every day we move closer to achieving our goal by creating cutting-edge solutions that lead to confident diagnosis, improved care, and increased quality of life for patients. Thanks to our employees who share our passion for improving lives, we are at the forefront of the Healthcare industry leading in image guided interventions, ultrasound, patient monitoring, cardiology informatics, sleep therapy and respiratory care. Named one of the Top 50 Happiest Companies in America in 2013, we enable our employees to create a legacy in life through their work and support their development through people-centric learning, total rewards and personalized development planning programs.
Ready to start improving lives by putting your personal skills & passions to work?
Find out more info about Philips at www.philips.com/na/careers
Philips is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, protected veteran or marital status.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans’ Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
In case of difficulties with your job application please send an email to [email protected]
Back to top