Manufacturing Engineer, Philips Healthcare, (Latham, NY.
If you are a Colorado resident and this role is a field-based or remote role, you may be eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits for this role, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
In this role, you have the opportunity to:
The Manufacturing Engineer position provides the successful candidate with an immediate opportunity to be involved with technology that helps save lives, improve patient outcomes, and reduce the cost of medicine around the world. Philips is a leading innovator in the field of Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI), and at the heart of every MRI scanner is a superconducting magnet. Superconducting magnet technology is a cornerstone in the Philips Healthcare portfolio. As an international organization, Philips is well placed to offer a broad range of technical and leadership opportunities in various organizations throughout the world.
We are looking for a hands-on, innovative individual who will help support our growing Latham, NY business to be the leader in MRI magnet manufacturing.
You are responsible for: The position of Manufacturing Engineer provides operational support in their magnet manufacturing area relating to the Business Unit Goals and Objectives. This includes driving continuous improvement activities in the areas of Safety, Quality & Compliance, On Time Delivery, and Product Cost.
- Provide technical support for the manufacturing area in the execution of world class operational performance.
- Ensures robust production process capability and control, including process specification documentation.
- Lead process tooling development to optimize error proofing and safe and efficient labor application.
- Initiate, facilitate, and sustaining support for continuous improvement activities (Kaizen events) in the assigned area of subject matter expertise.
- Lead and/or support Structured Problem Solving to remedy deviations to short interval control (Daily Management) expectations.
- Responsible for area Technical Product (Standard Work) documents.
- Collaborate with EH&S, Design, Quality and Operations colleagues to ensure effective Design transfer to production.
- Establishes and assures adherence to budgets, schedules, work plans, and performance
The sustaining Manufacturing Engineering team, based in Latham, NY, consists of 14 Manufacturing Engineers and 10+ other positions including Tool Designers, Industrial Engineers, IT specialists, etc. The Manufacturing Engineering team contains diverse backgrounds and expertise and is involved in a lot of exciting innovations in manufacturing processes and controls.
The Manufacturing Engineering team works in close collaboration with Design & Drafting, Design Engineering, Product Industrialization, Purchasing, and Quality team members. The Manufacturing Engineering office is co-located with R&D, so they may work hand in hand with Design to research and implement DFM ideas or improvements to our products that will improve our customer's experience.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience:
- Bachelor's degree in applicable Engineering discipline, and/or demonstrated progressive experience in one or more of the abovementioned specific subject matter applications.
- Green Belt Certified or practical application of Lean Manufacturing or Six Sigma.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and an effective communicator.
- Possesses a strong working knowledge of manufacturing, including the underlying theories and concepts of manufacturing, quality and product engineering.
- Self-driven with strong project management and organizational skills
- Knowledgeable of Lean Manufacturing techniques and applications.
- Broad understanding of business systems, organizational culture and behaviors.
- Working knowledge of environmental, health, safety and quality regulations.
- Specific expertise in one or more of the following:
- Manual and semi-automated fabricated & welded assemblies
- Electro-Mechanical assemblies including winding and wiring
- High vacuum and cryogenic processes
- Automation implementation
- Knowledgeable of Six Sigma and APQP concept applications.
- Software tools - Microsoft Project, Visio, Excel (Advanced), LabView, Inventor, AutoCAD
- Experience working with cryogenics
- Experience working with ASME Boiler Pressure Vessel Code
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It's a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum . Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways. Learn more by watching this video .
To find out more about what it's like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog . Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process , or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions .
It is the policy of Philips to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, gender, pregnancy/childbirth, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability or perceived disability, genetic information, citizenship, veteran or military status or a person's relationship or association with a protected veteran, including spouses and other family members, marital or domestic partner status, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
Equal Employment and Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veteran
US work authorization is a precondition of employment. The company will not consider candidates who require sponsorship for a work-authorized visa.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it.