Manufacturing Engineer (Mechanical)
Job TitleManufacturing Engineer (Mechanical)
Provide engineering support to assigned manufacturing areas and product development teams to assure products, purchased parts, and manufacturing processes consistently meet engineering requirements, customer expectations, and regulatory requirements. Drive continuous improvement in quality, reliability and product cost.
Support product manufacturing including (40%):
- Provide high level technical support to resolve manufacturing and quality problems, including yield and nonconforming product. Drive corrective action with appropriate and detailed follow up.
- Identify critical processes (in-house and at suppliers), develop controls, assess process capability, monitor (KPI’s), and improve performance.
- Identify, analyze and implement cost reduction projects, cycle time improvements, and Lean manufacturing techniques to improve product cost structure.
- Perform associated cost/benefit, functionality, and statistical analysis to support improvement projects.
- Maintain and improve existing manufacturing procedures and related documentation.
- Assure proper training of manufacturing personnel on new and existing methods, processes, equipment, and tooling.
- Perform internal shrink analysis with appropriate documentation and implementation of corrective action.
- Identify, specify, and coordinate installation of new manufacturing equipment and upgrades for process improvement. Includes capital equipment.
- Support Factory Services in design of tooling and fixtures. May also develop fixtures.
- Coordinate equipment repair and improvement work orders with production supervisors and Factory Services to minimize equipment downtime.
- Take necessary action to eliminate any unsafe practices or conditions.
Support Supplier Management Team including:
- Supplier selection and approval
- Performance reporting and monitoring of suppliers.
- Provide technical support for supply chain improvement projects.
New Product Introduction (NPI) & Technical Support for Customer Quality Issues (40%):
- Develop new methods of assembly and processing for new components and products.
- Perform evaluation of new designs and changes for conformance to requirements, and manufacturability.
- Design manufacturing process and coordinate between Factory Services and Design Engineering to support product release dates.
- Provide quality planning support to assess process validation requirements.
- Provide support in building and tracking of prototypes and analyzing performance.
Basic requirements of position (20%)
- Support 6S activities in workspace and in assigned manufacturing areas.
- Complete required training on schedule.
- Analyze and complete deviation closure reports.
- Provide day to day support to supervisors and operators in assigned area.
- Complete process validation for new equipment.
- Complete software validation in assigned manufacturing area.
- Complete regular process audits for assigned manufacturing area.
- Support environmental management system and environmental improvement projects.
- Complete auditing responsibilities as assigned.
- Complete CAPA’s in a timely manner as assigned.
- Bachelor’s of Science in Engineering or related technical field.
- 5 years experience in a Lean manufacturing environment, quality assurance, or design engineering functions.
- Demonstrated problem solving capability. Knowledge of Statistical Methods (Process Capability, SPC, Trend Analysis).
- Ability to Learn ISO 13485 and requirements for manufacturing operations.
- Excellent communication (written and verbal), team leadership, and interpersonal skills.
- Computer literate in MS Office Applications and Minitab.
X-ray tube/high vacuum tube design and manufacturing experience. Experience in an ISO regulated environment. Lean manufacturing experience. Knowledge of high performance bearings a plus.
Philips is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, protected veteran or marital status.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans’ Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
In case of difficulties with your job application please send an email to [email protected]
Meet Some of Philips's Employees
Jose engineers the specific system level requirements for the Philips Sonicare oral healthcare products. He makes certain the detailed design of each device over-delivers on customer expectations every time.
Back to top