Job TitleManufacturing Engineer
In this role, you have the opportunity to provide operational support in our manufacturing area relating to the delivery of consumer goods by support activities in the areas of Safety, Quality & Compliance, On Time Delivery and Product Cost
You are responsible for
- Leading, managing, coordinating with cross-functional groups the manufacturing aspects for execution and release for New Product Introductions
- Minimizing and controlling risks of new products when these are transferred to the supply chain
- Initiating and execute manufacturing cost and build hour reductions
- Ensuring a smooth ramp-up from production launch.
- Phasing out old products and minimize scrap and rework costs
- Recommending and manage project manufacturing assets and obsolete project inventories
- Driving Product Improvements with regard to cost, quality and failure rate, implementing Design for Excellence principles.
- Assuring NPI and volume product processes are capable and controlled
- Driving mitigation projects to bring products to expected manufacturing performance levels
You are a part of a team who will act as a liaison for all supporting business functions including EHS, Quality, Design Engineering, Advance Manufacturing Engineering, Tooling, Purchasing & Production Control
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or similar academic concentration.
- 3+ years in manufacturing industry and/or high technology environment
- Green Belt Certified or practical application of Lean Manufacturing or Six Sigma
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It's a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways. Learn more by watching this video.
To find out more about what it's like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.
Philips is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, protected veteran or marital status.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it. In case of technical difficulties, please send an email to email@example.com.
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)
Meet Some of Philips's Employees
Systems Engineer—Seattle, WA
Jose engineers the specific system level requirements for the Philips Sonicare oral healthcare products. He makes certain the detailed design of each device over-delivers on customer expectations every time.
Back to top