- Smithton, PA
In this role, you have the opportunity to
Lead the design, development, implementation and sustaining activities of the warehouse customization manufacturing postponement lines.
You are responsible for
- Performing process layout, evaluating line design, TAKT time and work balance.
- Leading a project plan cross functionally, while working with a team for new product integration and design, for manufacturing customization in the warehouse.
- Creating work instructions as required, writing Electronic Change Notifications (ECN) and driving implementation.
- Identifying continuous improvement process improvements for productivity, safety and quality.
- Driving business case savings and efficiency improvements for order fulfillment and identifying new technology and process design opportunities.
- Sustaining and supporting product changes that impact postponement.
- Updating procedures/work instructions as needed.
- Ensuring compliant quality system procedures and processes are meeting QMS requirements.
- Performing problem solving and root cause/corrective action, as needed.
- Evaluating yield performance improvement from postponement line and performing CAPA and audit investigations and closures.
You are a part of
The Sleep & Respiratory Care (SRC) business unit, which exists to restore natural sleep and breathing. Our success spans more than three decades and can be attributed to our passion for deeply understanding the needs of the patients we serve. We leverage these insights to develop intuitive and seamlessly connected solutions that improve quality of life and help people rediscover their dreams. You will report to the Senior Manager of Distribution.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- Bachelor's degree in an Engineering discipline (required)
- 3 + years of experience identifying and executing process improvement within a manufacturing, warehouse or distribution environment
- 3+ years of experience leading, executing and driving projects to completion
- Experience writing work instructions or standard operating procedures (required)
- Addressing issues with line yield, productivity and line balancing
- Lean fundamentals and/or Six Sigma experience/training (highly desired)
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
In return, we offer you
The opportunity to become engrossed in the supply chain operations within our Mount Pleasant distribution center. You will lead Lean/Six Sigma and continuous improvement initiatives, which will improve TAKT time, line layout and produce efficiency in work balance.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It's a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum . Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.
To find out more about what it's like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog . Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process , or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions .
It is the policy of Philips to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to age, color, citizenship, disability or perceived disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital or domestic partner status, military or veteran status, national origin, pregnancy/childbirth, race, religion, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws. Philips is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it.
If you have any other questions regarding the recruitment process please refer to our FAQs . In case of technical difficulties with the website, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org .
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox . Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)
Back to top