Manufacturing Engineer 3
Job TitleManufacturing Engineer 3
In this role, you have the opportunity to
The Manufacturing Engineer establishes and directs manufacturing practices, processes, procedures, facilities, tolls and ATE equipment for Advanced Manufacturing Engineering and production. This position utilizes "lean manufacturing" principles to minimize inventory, maximize throughput, and optimize facility and equipment utilization.
You are responsible for
- Providing daily, hands-on support to engineers, assembly and test technicians.
- Improving existing manufacturing processes and equipment, including Lab-based ATE test racks and desk top units
- Developing and maintaining work instructions, process control procedures and operating procedures.
- Supporting introduction of new products onto the production floor, ensuring manufacturing readiness.
- Working closely with product development teams to ensure products are designed for manufacturability.
- Creating and reviewing DCNs, and supporting implementation and phase in of product changes.
- Establishing appropriate methods, tools, equipment, etc. required to produce products in keeping with the Quality Management System and related stands (ISO 13485:2003 and GMP).
- Conducting time studies and establish labor standards for products.
You are a part of
This role will be a part of the Manufacturing Engineering Team in Gainesville, FL.
Invivo Corporation, a subsidiary of Philips Healthcare and world leader in MRI coils and related accessories.
Our vision is to deliver clinical solutions to our customers, whether indirectly through Original Equipment Manufacturers of MRI scanners, or directly to clinical MRI users. Our history is grounded in the expert development of MRI coils and more recently in the development of integrated clinical solutions like Functional MRI and the DynaCAD breast imaging system. Research and advanced development are at the core of the future of the MRI field and are a key part of Invivo's strategy for growth.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- BS degree in Engineering. Preference is for Electrical, Electronics Engineering, Bio-Medical degreed professional
- 5 + years previous experience as a Manufacturing Engineer in an electro-mechanical manufacturing environment for Medical Devices
- Proven, strong leadership skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to build highly effective teams
- Ability to work in a cross functional environment, gaining consensus and cooperation
- Ability to make decisions under pressure and on tight time lines
- Continuous improvement driven
- Previous experience with lean manufacturing principles and cellular based manufacturing
- Working knowledge of Labview and Access or data basing
- RF Coil trouble-shooting experience
In return, we offer you
Named one of the Top 50 Happiest Companies in America, we enable our employees to create a legacy in life through their work and support their development through people-centric learning, total rewards and personalized development planning programs.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It's a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.
To find out more about what it's like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.
Philips is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, protected veteran or marital status.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it. In case of technical difficulties, please send an email to [email protected]
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)
Meet Some of Philips's Employees
Sr. Digital Marketing Manager
Grant markets the sophisticated Philips Sonicare oral healthcare products. He helps customers find the best oral hygiene routine and creates meaningful consumer experiences, from launch to purchase.
Back to top