Manufacturing Engineer 1
Job TitleManufacturing Engineer 1
Under general supervision the Manufacturing Engineer 1 establishes and directs manufacturing practices, processes, procedures, facilities, tolls and ATE equipment for production.
This position utilizes “lean manufacturing” principles to minimize inventory, maximize throughput, and optimize facility and equipment utilization.
- Provide daily, hands-on support to assembly and test technicians.
- Improve existing manufacturing processes and equipment, including Lab-based ATE test racks and desk top units
- Develop and maintain work instructions, process control procedures and operating procedures.
- Support introduction of new products onto the production floor, ensuring manufacturing readiness.
- Work closely with product development teams to ensure products are designed for manufacturability.
- Create and review DCNs, and support implementation and phase in of product changes.
- Establish appropriate methods, tools, equipment, etc. required to produce products in keeping with the Quality Management System and related stands (ISO 13485:2003 and GMP).
- Conduct time studies and establish labor standards for products.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Manufacturing Engineering Manager or Operations Director.
We have a dynamic and rewarding career opportunity for Manufacturing Engineer 1 in Gainesville, FL.
Invivo Corporation, a subsidiary of Philips Healthcare and world leader in MRI coils and related accessories, is looking to expand its Gainesville, FL team. Our vision is to deliver clinical solutions to our customers, whether indirectly through Original Equipment Manufacturers of MRI scanners, or directly to clinical MRI users. Our history is grounded in the expert development of MRI coils and more recently in the development of integrated clinical solutions like Functional MRI and the DynaCAD breast imaging system. Research and advanced development are at the core of the future of the MRI field and are a key part of Invivo’s strategy for growth.
At Philips, we are driven by our mission to improve the lives of 3 billion people per year by 2025, and every day we move closer to achieving our goal by creating cutting-edge solutions that lead to confident diagnosis, improved care, and increased quality of life for patients. Thanks to our employees who share our passion for improving lives, we are at the forefront of the Healthcare industry leading in image guided interventions, ultrasound, patient monitoring, cardiology informatics, sleep therapy and respiratory care.
Named one of the Top 50 Happiest Companies in America in 2013, we enable our employees to create a legacy in life through their work and support their development through people-centric learning, total rewards and personalized development planning programs.
- RF Coil trouble-shooting experience is preferred.
- Previous experience with lean manufacturing principles and cellular based manufacturing.
- Working knowledge of Labview and Access or data basing.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to build highly effective teams.
- Ability to work in a cross functional environment, gaining consensus and cooperation.
- Ability to make decisions under pressure and on tight time lines.
- Continuous improvement driven.
- Proven, strong leadership skills.
- 1-2 years related educational and manufacturing experience.
- Preference is giving to Manufacturing/Industrial, Electronics, or Bio-Medical Engineering degreed professionals.
Philips is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, protected veteran or marital status.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans’ Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
In case of difficulties with your job application please send an email to [email protected]
Meet Some of Philips's Employees
Jose engineers the specific system level requirements for the Philips Sonicare oral healthcare products. He makes certain the detailed design of each device over-delivers on customer expectations every time.
Back to top