Manufacturing CNC/ Machining Supervisor
Job TitleManufacturing CNC/ Machining Supervisor
Manufacturing Supervisor (CNC Machining)
This person will be directly responsible for coordinating and monitoring the work of machining personnel as directed by work center management. This person will accomplish tasks through strong interpersonal skills, strong organizational and planning abilities, and effective communications with all levels of employees. Responsibilities also include the fabrication, assembly, test, and pack of several product lines in order to satisfy customer demand while maintaining compliance to FDA, ISO, TUV, and Philips Quality Systems.
- Overall responsibility and coordination for machining operations across all shifts
- Direct supervision of Machine Operators, Assemblers, Group Leaders, and Manufacturing Technicians. Production activities include precision machining operations utilizing CNC machining centers, robotics and precision measurement equipment such as CMM.
- Responsible for all aspects of the machining operation including set-up, manufacturing, and maintenance activities.
- Implementation of Lean Manufacturing principles throughout the production floor including synchronous flow manufacturing, 5S, Visual Management, Poke-Yoke, and Kaizen Events. Driving continuous improvements in production processes and product quality.
- Coordination with QC Technicians, Buyers, Planner, Product Engineers and Process Engineers as their activities impact the team’s area of responsibility.
- Technical training of staff as needed.
- Management of Target Inventory Levels.
- Development and implementation of staffing plan and staffing decisions.
- Daily sequencing of production lines to meet target inventory strategies.
- Management of and reporting on the following metrics:
Linearity Efficiency WIP inventory levels Safety Attendance Line Yield (production controlled) Scrap Product Costs
- Implementation of training systems for direct associates
- Coordination of New Product Development activities including the support of pre-pilot and pilot runs
- Drive employee engagement with programs such as QEK, QCDSM, Career Fairs, etc.
- Management of multi-disciplinary operational projects.
- The successful candidate will demonstrate the following competencies:
Leadership – Working under general supervision, creates and maintains an environment that encourages individual contributions. Utilizes empowering interpersonal styles to inspire and guide associates (peers, subordinates and supervisors) toward achieving objectives. Provides effective work direction for peers and subordinates. Clearly communicates expectations and appropriately evaluates staff accomplishments.
Problem Solving – Demonstrates effective technical problem identification and definition. The ability to analyze data, use problem solving tools to find the root cause, define corrective actions and implement them.
Communications – Giving and receiving information in a business-like, informative, understanding, and instructive manner
Instructiveness – Sharing information and engendering knowledge through drawing out the abilities of others and causing others to want to learn
Response to Change – Flexibility in modifying present approaches and practices to accommodate new growth challenges
Teaming – Leveraging available resources and capabilities (internal/external) to execute and achieve defined goals.
Job Skills & Knowledge – Demonstrates full knowledge and understanding of the job. Applies knowledge and skills to produce quality work. Continues to add new knowledge for personal and organizational growth. Proactively shares knowledge with others.
Uses gages and measuring instruments to meet tolerance requirements
Ability to setup, program, operate and troubleshoot CNC lathes and mills without assistance.
Ability to reduce setup time and machining through process improvements
Must be proficient with FANUC controls
Understands, interprets and edits FANUC G-code programming
Recognizes, deploys and properly uses inserts, fixtures and tooling
Understands and has the ability to perform tool wear offsets
Performs daily and regular cleaning and light maintenance tasks on CNC machinery
Assists in the organization and maintenance of the machine shop work environment
Ability to read and interpret part drawings and specifications
Ability to interpret variable and attribute control charts to identify trends and determine appropriate corrective actions.
Growth: The successful candidate will become fully immersed into lean manufacturing in a fast paced, growing organization. Specifically, they will:
1) Take accountability to execute their personal development plan to grow within current role and to prepare for future roles
2) Work to identify new tools and technology focused on lean manufacturing
3) Strive for ever increasing levels of Continuous Improvement
4) Move the manufacturing operation closer to world class status by benchmarking against industry leaders and developing programs to advance manufacturing capabilities.
You will be based at the Kennesaw, Georgia facility for Philips Respironics.
We are looking for
Preferred Bachelor degree in Mechanical Engineering or Engineering Technology or relevant experience in machining operations
Extensive and proven experience in a manufacturing environment with machining manufacturing including CNC equipment, with proven technical responsibilities preferred. A diversified employment history in several of the following positions is preferred: Machining Center Supervisor, Manufacturing Engineer, Production Supervisor, Quality Control Supervisor.
Philips is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, protected veteran or marital status.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans’ Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
In case of difficulties with your job application please send an email to [email protected]
Meet Some of Philips's Employees
Jose engineers the specific system level requirements for the Philips Sonicare oral healthcare products. He makes certain the detailed design of each device over-delivers on customer expectations every time.
Back to top