Manager, Supplier Quality Engineer
Job TitleManager, Supplier Quality Engineer
Supplier Quality Engineering Manager (HK Based)
In this role, you have the opportunity to
Join the highly successful Supplier Quality Engineering team, while advancing your career in a dynamic, fast paced and multinational environment of Philips Hong Kong. As a senior member, this person is the lead to support on-site/off-site supplier quality development, manages the early involvement of suppliers in new product development and product/component improvement, quality system audits, sets supplier quality aspects for new / improved products ensuring manufacturability aspects at suppliers (improve supplier quality).
You are responsible for
- Overseeing and driving Quality Assurance at allocated suppliers' processes related to supplier manufacturing of key components and/or Finished Goods, tier management, use of statistics in the sense continuous Improvement and availability of adequate supplier Organization to drive sustainable improvements towards supplier independency and competence.
- Ensuring supplier compliance to Product/Process specification and relevant regulatory requirements.
- Co-working with I&D, Operations and Procurement team to proactively engineering QRD (Quality, Reliability and Durability).
- Supporting additions/deletions/changes to the status of suppliers on the Approved Supplier List, including supplier master file records
- Participating in Product Development Process to ensure raw materials/components/products at supplier(s) are released from supplier(s) to Philips according to the agreed requirements
- Escalating unresolved non compliances of regulatory, risks and issues to relevant Philips Team for support and resolution.
- Driving SCAR for communicating and addressing non compliances of regulatory, repeated risks and issues from external and internal.
- Provides Quality related input to Quality agreements, project books (Q-targets, etc), sourcing grid etc
- Drive Quality awareness both internally in the organization and externally with ODM /suppliers
- Supplier Oversight Performance monitoring (SOM) true data collection, analysis and continuous Improvement.
You are a part of
Supplier Quality Engineering team within our Philips matrix organization. Report to the Senior SQE Manager, you would be leading a cross functional team internally and manage 3-5 key suppliers. You need to be comfortable to talk to C level stakeholders and with high level of maturity, as you are the brand ambassador of Philips. You have to be outspoken, independent with strong passion in supplier quality engineering.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- Bachelor's degree in an engineering or science discipline, or equivalent experience.
- With certification as Certified Quality Engineer and Certified Quality Auditor or successful completion of a recognized Lead Auditor course is preferred.
- At least 5 years of total industry experience with 5 plus years of quality management related experience, experience in Automotive or Domestic Appliances is a plus.
- Managerial capabilities with respect to leadership and people influencing skills
- Analytical mindset with experience in root cause analysis, corrective and preventive action methods.
- Expertise in problem solving with quality tools such as: 6-sigma / 8-D / CAPA / FMEA/ 5WHY etc.
- Good knowledge of production/quality development and control methods; CtQ definition, DfSS, SPC, APQP, FMEA, Control Plans, etc.)
- Business oriented with strong mindset of analysis & synthesis
- Team player and team builder
- Good command on both English and Mandarin is a must, Cantonese is preferable
- Willing to take up to 70% travel with primary focus in Southern China
In return, we offer you
A path towards your most rewarding career. We offer long-term career development such as internal transfer and international mobility opportunities.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It's a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways. Learn more by watching this video.
To find out more about what it's like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it. In case of technical difficulties, please send an email to [email protected]
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)
Meet Some of Philips's Employees
Jose engineers the specific system level requirements for the Philips Sonicare oral healthcare products. He makes certain the detailed design of each device over-delivers on customer expectations every time.
Back to top