Manager, Software Core Engineering Group
Job TitleManager, Software Core Engineering Group
In this role you will work directly with a team of 10 to 12 software engineers and coordinate resources to meet the needs of the surrounding businesses.
You are responsible for
- Is a member of the Development Management Team and determines, in consultation with the Management Team, the department's objectives, policies, processes and budgets on short and long term, makes sure that the organization can meet the objectives and ensures that the roles and responsibilities are put in place.
- Manages capabilities of the department; to develop and maintain a long term view on the required competences and knowledge to introduce new technology. Ensures that there are adequate resources and tools at the proper time, is responsible for the technology and architecture in the department, and is responsible for maintaining and improving the department's knowledge and expertise.
- Ensures appropriate personnel management practices regarding recruitment and selection, adequate staffing, remuneration, performance appraisals, education and training, and management development policy.
- Ensures an engaged, innovative, and inspiring working environment in the department by motivating, challenging, and coaching the department 's employees towards growth, manages and optimizes the innovative climate, stimulating entrepreneurship and driving engagement
- Is co-responsible for achieving operational plans, guides Project Managers/Leaders and ensures the optimal allocation of personnel to the projects and effective project management, Ensure excellent project execution by constantly optimizing project management practices in the department to exceed customer expectations.
- Cooperates with relevant parties outside of the department. Works across the borders of the own department to formulate strategies or project proposals across department borders, cooperating with other department heads, programs and the business. Establishes a network with relevant players; scientific relations outside of the department and with the business - on all topics, and actively using this network to obtain input on technological developments, identifying trends and opportunities.
- Responsible for recruiting and mentoring new associates.
- Will be challenged to develop experience and future SW leaders in a growing organization
You are part of
The Sleep and Home Respiratory Care group, based in Monroeville PA, is responsible for the research, development and production support of products for CPAP sleep apnea devices, invasive and non-invasive lung ventilation and other aspects of respiratory care in hospital, skilled care facilities and home environment. The new product development projects usually take 2 to 3 years and contain software, mechanical and electromechanical hardware and electronics. Product lifecycles typically exceed 5 years and require ongoing support throughout the lifecycle. Sleep and Home Respiratory Care is a global business with main sites in all markets around the world.
Skills and experience
BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineer or Electrical Engineering required with a minimum 10 to 15 years of software engineering experience. MBA or MS in Engineering Management a plus.
- Experience with embedded software development and in-depth understanding of low level interfacing, system testing, and debugging preferred.
- Experience in testing and troubleshooting low-level code using logic analyzer, or microprocessor debug probe. Proficiency in C/C++/C# and assembly language required.
- Strong working knowledge of structured design, embedded real-time systems, and hardware/software interface required. Experience with Embedded Real Time Operating Systems (RTOS).
- Software engineering lifecycle experience required.
- Strong communication skills and presentation skills are required
- Agile software development experience a plus
- Strong commitment to process improvement and cost savings initiatives is desired
- Candidate needs to possess a positive attitude, and be a strong motivator focused on taking the group to the next level.
We offer you
Enjoy endless opportunities to learn, and develop your career in the directions to which you aspire. Philips Healthcare is a place where you will work with others whose far-reaching ideas and accomplishments have impacted over 200 million lives already. Please help us determine what's next. Your ideas and ability to deliver will help to transform the future of healthcare, and allow you to create your own legacy.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It's a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways. Learn more by watching this video.
To find out more about what it's like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.
Philips is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, protected veteran or marital status.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it. In case of technical difficulties, please send an email to [email protected]
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)
Meet Some of Philips's Employees
Jose engineers the specific system level requirements for the Philips Sonicare oral healthcare products. He makes certain the detailed design of each device over-delivers on customer expectations every time.
Back to top