Manager, Service Proposal Management
Job TitleManager, Service Proposal Management
This position manages the Master Agreement and Multi-Vendor proposal management teams. Responsible for consulting with Service Sales on proposal development, including pricing and deliverables, etc. Quotation development for Philips’ largest customer base. Partner with Contract Management to ensure complete operationalization of contract deals, for customer satisfaction. This roles is critical for supporting Customer Service Contract Revenue and OIT.
The Manager, Service Proposal Management is responsible for the coordination/administration and overseeing of all phases of Service Proposals and supporting all processes within all of Service Contract Solutions
- Responsible for designing and managing the workflow structure for customer service proposals that enhances deal design, pricing analytics, portfolio consulting, and operationalization of non-standard offerings
- Responsible for managing a remote team supporting proposal management, RFP’s, and vendor contract and purchase order management for our multi-vendor business located in Franklin TN
- Ability to work with team and business between supplier and customer agreements
- Provide support and partner with the Contracts Management Team and Sales team in achieving booking/revenue targets
- Responsibilities include: overseeing the preparation and distribution of service agreement quotations for customers and partnering with overall department in the performance of service agreement review and order administration functions, as required
- Complete objectives and goals that support Customer Service and Commercial Operations strategic objectives
- Provide leadership, guidance, training and direction to team members, according to established policies and practices. Exercises judgment within defined procedures and policies to determine appropriate action and recommends changes to function or department policies, within the business unit
- Lead and support projects that help drive organization and business growth focused on our customers. Responsible for signing contracts on behalf of Philips Healthcare
- Determine methods and procedures on new assignments. Interfaces and provides input to management on department goals, objectives, and successes
- Ability to gain cooperation of others, conduct presentations of technical information concerning specific projects or schedules, works on issues of diverse scope
- Interact with senior internal and external personnel in resolving contract issues. Perform hiring decisions, on-and-off boarding, employee development, promotions, completing performance reviews, and support of all team members
- Responsible for hiring, employee development, recommending promotions, completing performance reviews, counseling, making salary decisions, and terminating the employees that report to them
- Coordinates/administers and oversees all phases of Service Proposals and supplier agreement purchase order management
- Work closely with Account Managers, Service Sales, Inside Sales and Zone personnel to meet established deadlines
- Provides support to Sales, Order Management, Service, Finance, Service Marketing, organizations and customers by researching and resolving issues in a timely manner
- Review agreement details from a business perspective; review for exceptions and unique items
- Escalates issues to Customer Service and Finance management as necessary
- Provides training and escalation assistance to the team
- Assists with fiscal end-of-period close, ensuring accuracy of revenue recognition reporting and booking reconciliation, ICS Sox control completion, etc.
- Requires the ability to analyze problems, develop solutions and communicate the resolution to team members as well as management
- Strategically lead change with teams and business that is focused on customers
Participates on various IT projects, tool development projects, Kaizen projects, etc.
- Works with Service Marketing to implement new contract promotions and offerings focused on operationalization
- Manage supplier agreement purchase order management and Service Proposals for all of customer service
- Prepares/monitors department reports including team KPI’s
- Identifies and implements continuous process improvements to enhance abilities to meet/exceed goals and objectives, utilizing Lean methodologies
- Lead lean/Kaizen activities.
- Interfaces with customers and senior management regarding solutions to complex problems
- Participates in hiring and staff development activity
- Approves contracts and cancellations on behalf of Philips, as required
- Bachelors degree in business or related field, highly desirable or equivalent experience.
- Knowledge and experience greater than four years in high level order processing/administration, with at least three years experience in a customer service environment desired.
- 5-6 Years Management experience in hiring, employee development, recommending promotions, completing performance reviews, counseling, making salary decisions, and remote employee management
- Leadership skills and experience in coaching others in a team environment
- Advanced skills in using MS Windows and Office (e.g., Word, Excel). Experience with Salesforce.com desired
- Advanced knowledge of SAP
- Strong interpersonal skills required in interactions with internal and external teams, and customers.
- Advanced math skills and business skills required.
- Advanced knowledge of accounting principles desirable
- Knowledge of Philips products and industry standards a plus
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment. Skill in prioritizing tasks required.
- Strong organizational skills and aptitude for detail.
- Ability to provide supervision on day-to-day activities, maintaining a high degree of integrity.
Philips is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, protected veteran or marital status.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans’ Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
In case of difficulties with your job application please send an email to [email protected]
Meet Some of Philips's Employees
Jose engineers the specific system level requirements for the Philips Sonicare oral healthcare products. He makes certain the detailed design of each device over-delivers on customer expectations every time.
Back to top