Manager IoT Partnerships, location Amsterdam, the Netherlands
Job TitleManager IoT Partnerships, location Amsterdam, the Netherlands
Are you experienced with connected products and passionate about the potential impact of the Internet of Things (IoT) on the lives of billions of people worldwide?
Are you a Business Partner understanding how to assess the gap between the current state of the business and the needs? Translating that into a shortlist of potential external partners who do not only bridge the gap but also enable new business models/monetization schemes around connected products and services?
Are you curious and innovation savvy, always on the lookout for potential partners?
If the answer is “yes”, Philips HealthTech might have the opportunity you are looking for.
Within the Business Development & Connected Value Propositions Team, you will partner with the Personal Health and Medical Businesses in order to augment and enhance their connected product propositions. You will be doing so by delivering digital innovation through external partnerships, spanning technology, connected products, and connected/digital services.
Your primary responsibilities will be:
- Maintain extensive knowledge of the IoT / connected space across cutting edge technologies, connected products, and digital services;
- Partner with the Product Managers to understand the gaps between the current & desired state of their connected propositions;
- Based on this, drive the scouting of viable new partners, filling those gaps through their offerings and providing new business models and monetization schemes;
- Drive and provide comprehensive insights into those partners by conducting due diligence on product, technology, infrastructure and legal aspects;
- Promote and sell external ideas/technologies to internal stakeholders and support them in aligning those alliances with their strategic business goals;
- Overcome internal and external challenges and evangelize the alliance value at all levels;
- Structure and lead initial conversations around partnership potential;
- Be comfortable in developing executive-level sponsors around those partnerships;
- Negotiate and close well defined business deals (scope & timeline) in collaboration with the innovation arms of Philips (Philips Ventures, Corporate Innovation, Philips Research, Digital Accelerator, etc.);
- Managing overall opportunity and deal flow.
The Business Development & Connected Value Propositions Team is part of the Connected Digital Platforms & Propositions (CDP2) Organization, which was formed to guide and lead the transformation of Philips into a HealthTech / IoT company.
Within this organization, the Business Development & Connected Value Propositions Team works closely with the various Business Groups (BGs) at Philips in defining roadmaps and MVPs (Minimal Viable Propositions) for new connected propositions (products & services)
This role reports into the Head of Business Development & Connected Value Propositions.
Your skills & experience
- Master degree in engineering – preferably with an MBA;
- International work experience – ideally within an international technology setting;
- Strong blend of business and technical savvy with minimum of 5 years of experience as business partner doing open innovation for digital/connected products, solutions and services;
- Good understanding of how consumer & business value can be created through software and data;
- A self-starter needing low level management time and attention to perform day to day responsibilities;
- Strong negotiation skills to work with Philips Senior management and partner peers;
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills;
- Strong result / goal-orientation;
- Team player able to operate in matrix environment;
- Strong presentation skills – ability to deliver regular management updates in form of board presentations.
We offer you the opportunity to personally contribute to Philips’ growth objectives and ambition to improve the lives of 3 Billion people a year by 2025. Your contribution will enable broader deployment of solutions that address some of society’s most pressing issues, and contribute to shaping the future of healthcare and personal care.
The position is viewed as an exciting assignment and an ideal stepping stone towards other exciting roles across businesses and regions and we will support your personal and professional development with the opportunities to further advance your career. We welcome you to a challenging, innovative environment with great opportunities for you to explore.
We welcome you to a challenging, innovative environment with great opportunities for you to explore. Our benefits are very competitive and designed around your preferences:
- A competitive salary package
- 25 Days of leave and the possibility to purchase up to 20 extra days off annually
- A variable bonus based on both Philips results and personal performance
- Extensive set of tools to drive your career, such as a personal development budget, free training and coaching
- Solid company pension scheme and attractive collective health insurance package
- Opportunity to buy Philips shares and products with discount
- Healthy work-life balance
Please note that no relocation is being provided for this role.
If you’re interested in this opportunity to join us, please upload your resume and motivation letter through the Philips career site- vacancy number 209724.
After a pre-selection process based on your CV, you will be invited for (face-to-face) recruitment- and business interviews.
In case of difficulties with your job application please send an email to [email protected]
Back to top