Manager, Design Assurance Engineering (NPD)
- San Diego, CA
Manager, Design Assurance Engineering (NPD)
In this role, you have the opportunity to
As Manager of Design Assurance Quality Engineering, the primary responsibility will be to work within the Quality Management System (QMS) to support the design controls process during development of new medical devices. You will apply company policy and procedures to work with supporting team members to analyze situations or data and draw conclusions. Assignments will include creating, reviewing and updating documents, review of product requirements, development of risk management files, auditing Design History Files and actively participating as a core team lead of new product development teams as well as supporting teammates who act as core team leads on new product development projects. The Manager of Design Assurance will also update existing QMS procedures and create new QMS procedures.
You are responsible for
- Drive engagement within and develop Design Assurance team members
- Ensure that NPI projects are adequately staffed and supported
- Understand and implement processes and intent of all aspects of the QMS related to Design Controls
- Using engineering principles, analyze situations or data to identify gaps between project work and QMS
- Work with teams and other Design Assurance team members to ensure compliance to the QMS
- Develop mastery of our products and analyze complaint data, post market surveillance and risk analysis to assist in the identification of potential product improvements based on sound engineering principles
- Lead and support Corrective and Preventive Actions (CAPA) and QMS continuous improvement projects
- Strong understanding of shelf life and biocompatibility testing
- Create and facilitate updates to product risk analyses and risk management files
- Develop and implement new and improved quality/compliant pre-market engineering methods, techniques and processes.
- Build stable relationships internally
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- US work authorization is a precondition of employment. The company will not consider candidates who require sponsorship for a work-authorized visa.
- B.S. degree in Science, Engineering or associated fields
- Must have organizational and interpersonal skills working in a cross-functional teams and managing direct reports
- Ability to organize and prioritize workflow and projects in order to meet established time frames and schedules
- 2+ years management experience of engineering or other technical role
- Strong knowledge of medical device regulations (FDA 21CFR80.820, ISO 13485, ISO 10993, ISO 14971, IEC 60601, IEC 62304)
- 10+ years experience in Quality Engineering preferred
- 6+ years experience in medical device industry preferred
- Certified Quality Engineer (CQE) preferred
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It's a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum . Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.
To find out more about what it's like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog . Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process , or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions .
It is the policy of Philips to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without to age, color, citizenship, disability or perceived disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital or domestic partner status, military or veteran status, national origin, pregnancy/childbirth, race, religion, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws. Philips is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it.
If you have any other questions regarding the recruitment process please refer to our FAQs . In case of technical difficulties with the website, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org .
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox . Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)
Back to top